Sunday, March 5, 2023

Weekend Fun Wih Cheryl And The Pettit Indoor Half Marathon.

Cheryl came up to Wisconsin this weekend!  And decided to run a Half Marathon while she was here.   The Pettit Half Marathon  (Petite?  or Pet-it?  Or.... Pet something else?  All versions  sound rather racy... if you k now what I mean.)   Cheryl has run this race before with limited results.   She swore she would never run it again, but by now you must know how she is.   And besides,  with limited training runs due to her employment situation,  she has to take all the long runs she can.  ( at least that is the logic behind it that she tells me.) 

So..  around and round she goes.   Round and round and round and round.....  and around.    Did I mention it was a circular course inside a huge ice rink?   48 times around.    And around.    I was getting dizzy just taking her pic every single time.   

 

But luckily,  I have a new phone and decided to experiment with the various video options.  Super slow Mo....

 

Hyper speed Mode!

And a number of other options that did not work out as planned.  

But in the end.... Cheryl finished third overall female!  And got a spot on the podium and a nice little award.   She loves collecting awards.  The medal was wood!  And I appear to have not taken a picture of the finisher's medal.   Ah well... it will eventually make an appearance on her wall of fame, I'm sure.  

I can connect with this dog.
The Wooden Medal!

So what to do with all the rest of the weekend.   She complained last time that one evening in Kenosha was not enough.   I tend to agree!   So this time she booked two nights for us to enjoy.   

So what do we do with all that additional time?   

Apparently... go shopping!   ( of course....) 

We did our Usual visit to IKEA for meatballs and some dishes she has been trying to get her hands on. (IKEA has been sold out every time we  have visited before.)  This time there were two left and she got her bowls.  Yeah!  

I stopped by Woodmans for some Wisconsin beer and cheese.   And then to Meijer's for some eye care stuff for me and a look at some work gear.  However.. even though Cheryl needs no more clothes... she still had to try a bunch of "sale items" on.    And this is where I did what all husbands so best:   Play the Part of the clothes hanger!  

It is a role I'm very used to.   And I'm secure enough in my masculinity to proudly say I do it best!  

Other than that...  we went for a Run this morning... because I have to get some training miles in as well.   And I have been having the same issue as Cheryl trying to juggle work and running every day.  ( Although, I  am not as "enthusiastic" as she is about running. I'm  motivated by other reasons... And Love of running is not one of them!)  


While running along the banks of Lake Michigan... I saw a Golden Eye duck and a red head! ( I thought it was a Canvasback)   I'm sure there were other migratory birds out there in the small bay, but I could not see them as clearly.  Lake Michigan was almost like glass today, with no wind or waves to speak of.   ( Update!  Upon closer study,  it could have been a female golden eye.   Who knows?   I'm not a hardcore birder!)  

"There is nothing wrong with your hair..."

It is too bad that it is so late,  because the story could be embellished more... but alas!  I must sleep.   And Work tomorrow!   And I'm sure I will have to squeeze in a Muffler repair somewhere into this week.... after work.   But that is for another time.   And sleep is calling. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!   I know I did!   And now I will be able to face another week or warehouse work with Gusto!  Hopefully....   At least that is the preliminary plan for now.   We shall see. 

Thanks for stopping in!  And have a wonderful upcoming week!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Glad you got to see Cheryl:)

Val Ewing said...

Wow! Looks like a great weekend! I enjoy going to Ikea with my son, it is a fun place to wander about.

So much to take in!
Oh my, that track indoors would have killed me. In college I quit indoor track because of the boredom.
Give me anything but a track.
Kudos to Cheryl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails