Thursday, March 2, 2023

An Evening Of Winging With The Zebras

 Tonight, I went  to Buffalo Wild Wings with several Co-Workers.   Having never been to Buffalo Wild Wings, I really did not know what to expect.  But the Zebras had been talking about a gathering there for several weeks not, because on Thursday,  there is a "Special" where you buy 15 wings, you get another 15 wings for FREE!   And who does not like free food? 

After dropping a number of hints,  along with a generous dose of begging,  They finally decided to invite me along.    Hurray!   I like chicken!  And buffaloes!  Oh!   And Fellow Zebra Employees who are willing to go out with me.     And I need some friends in my life.... Did I mention that I like chicken? 

The group of four that teamed up:  Jane, Tom, Marilyn Marian, and Phil The Other guy who does not want me to write about him..( Probably because he is in the witness protection program.)  They usually all eat lunch together  at the "cool" table in the break room.  The four of them have been sitting together since their "class" of new recruits first showed up back in June of last year. ( I think it was June....) And since then,  many folks from that class  and table...have left...  Leaving only these four....  So the bond of friendship must be tight!    In fact,  I had to bribe them with chocolate just so I could sit with them for one lunch break!   ( Only one... It's not like I'm made of Chocolate!)   So being invited by this group is something really special.

That being said....  The four of them form the corners of a square.   And within this square group... is me.   Right in the center!   Like a round peg in a square hole. 

But I like squares.   Mostly square paper... ( for Origami!)  But I like square people too!   And you will not find any finer specimens of "squareness" than Jane, Tom, Mari- ian,  and The Other Guy who is in the witness protection program.  So we went to the Wild Wings and ate some Boneless Wings.   Otherwise known as "chicken nuggets".   ( What else would you call them?  Noodle Wings?  Chicken Fingers?)   the came in the sauce that you requested... I asked for the BBQ ones because I have not had BBQ chicken in such a long time.  

Side note:   Everyone got their wings at different intervals.   Tom and Jane got theirs,   Then five minutes later,  Phil  The Other Guy  got his, And finally Marian and I got ours!    Not the best timing for folks out enjoying a meal.  But... what are you going to do...

In the end,  we didn't talk all that much.   Probably because these four already know their life stories.  Or maybe because we were all busy eating and everyone wanted to get home before it got too late.  Either way,  it was an enjoyable, fun time for all.    

Other than that,  I have been trying to squeeze in embroidery when I can.  We finally got our Zebra shirts yesterday, and I had to hurry to put my name on one of them for work.  The challenge is that the fabric is  the moisture wicking fabric that is a bit of a challenge to embroider on.  But... It all worked out and had something to wear this morning.  Tonight, I was able to work on another one so I have something to wear for Tomorrow.  

Oh!  And Cheryl is coming up this weekend!    And I'm certainly looking forward to that. 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.  One more day until the weekend!   I can hardly wait!   And thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Sweet! You get to see Cheryl! Wooo Hooo!

It really sounds like you got a great fit for work at Zebra. I know Kenosha is a pretty nice place too.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you and Cheryl have a great weekend! Good that you are making friends at work:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails