Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Very "Productive" Weekend.


 I got a lot accomplished this weekend.   It might not seem like a lot to others, but there  were various projects that I have been putting off and finally got to tackle them...  So I'm feelin' pretty good! 

I ran 7 miles! I did laundry.  I embroidered a half dozen things for myself and other people.  I fixed the coffee maker! I purchased vacuum parts and bags at Menhards.  I replaced the batteries in the Garage Door Opener.  (Kind of a big deal.) But the really, really BIG thing was I cleaned up the basement area and organized a sizable section.  That took most of my Saturday.

And finally,  I was able to marathon through several episodes of Game Of Thrones.  

The big thing was the clean up/ organization in the basement area.  I kind of live down there and each day I walk around a mountain of old magazine collections and dead plants that Dave has "saved" from the recycle bin at church over the years.  But somewhere while doing my seemingly endless embroidery projects,  I tugged on the cleaning thread and it began to unravel. 

It started with just a simple shop vac of the area.  My embroidery area has scraps of thread and material that looks unsightly and can only be vacuumed up with the shop vac.   The problem in that the handle has limited reach.   I used an old tube from a Christmas wrapping paper roll,  and it worked!

Right up until the suction of the vacuum collapsed the tube. ( which was kind of hilarious if you ever saw it.)   I needed a better tube extension so I headed to Menhards to buy more.    While I was there I bought some vacuum bags for Dave's obsolete vacuum.  (They didn't fit... But there is more to that story.) 

No, it didn't look this bad.

I hurried back and continued cleaning things and stacking things and organizing things and ultimately,  throwing a number of things away.  By the way,  I found the "right" vacuum bags in the process!  See!   One of the perks for discovering what you have buried under a mountain of cardboard and magazines.You find things you thought you had lost. 

No, it doesn't look this good.

Don't worry!  Nothing "important" got tossed. Mostly I simply consolidated things and stacked them up neatly.   Any left over crushed cardboard was thrown into recycling.  ( Which is brimming at the moment...)  But now I can see all the way to the Basement door from my dark little corner.  And there are no longer any "trippables" out there. 

I still may have to make a trip to good will for a few items that people might be able to use.  But I will wait for Dave's "OK" on that one.  

There is still the other side of the basement to organize.   And there are the shelves and tables that have tools and shop materials all over them.  A project for another day.   But for now...  They pose no immediate threat to me or any  unsuspecting wildlife.  

I also fixed the coffee maker ( no pictures.) This will be the third time I actually took this specific brand of coffee maker apart.  I guess German Engineering is not all it was cracked up to be. There was a short right at the connection of the power cord.   I removed the bad part and reconnected the wires.  I'm not sure what caused the short, bt for now, it appears to be working.   Without any of my special connectors,  I will have to make do with what was provided.  Hopefully it will last a while this time. 

There is more, but I don't want this blog to get too long.  ( They always do when you wait to sum up the week on a weekend.)  Perhaps I will have the MOJO to blog again tomorrow.  We shall see. 

Hope everyone else is having a great and productive weekend.  I think  I have a long weekend next weekend, so I will have to plan accordingly.   I wonder what I shall do with my extra day.  I'll have to think about it.  

As for me...  Have a great day and thanks for stopping in.   

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

It is great to get in the cleaning mood and start to reorganize a space. I've done it too. I bet it felt good to get that done.

My weekend was busy with fencing and yard work which seems to never end with spring time.

I hope you can have a nice long weekend!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet Cheryl will find a run someplace! Organizing and cleaning up seems to be a full time activity sometimes. Good for you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails