Monday, May 29, 2023

The End Of The Long Weekend.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  ( That sounds kind of bad...)  If you are like many Americans,  you show your support for deceased American soldiers and loved ones by grilling out over a long weekend.  Three Days!   What better way to show your patriotism?  ( Just wait until the 4th of July...) And, like so many other red blooded Americans,  I spent the three days relaxing and doing stuff.  Nothing too crazy.... Just trying to rest and recover from a busy week at the Zebra Warehouse. 

So... What did I do?   I exercised...  A LOT!  I ran a LOT! 6 miles several times last week and 6 on on Friday. I ran 12 miles yesterday.  At least I'm counting it as that.... it might have been further  And YES! You Grammar Nazies!   Further is used properly in this case. I checked!  

A few oysters.
Dave ran 6 miles with me today and about killed me.   ( He runs fast!  And is in better shape than I am.) And here I was thinking I was in pretty good shape after running 12 miles on Sunday!   Guess I have a ways to go
Didn't look all weekend.

.  However, I have found myself running a lot lately.   I don't know why I have decided to increase the distance,  but I have.  Hopefully I will be a little bit healthier for all of my efforts.

Earlier week flowers

Dave had a busy weekend as well.   He had Church on Saturday and two times on Sunday.  

More flowers.

He had a marriage class, several graduation parties and events to attend, and I think a Baptism.  A full week/weekend for the Clergy man.   

 

Another Flower!


While he was doing those things, I began unraveling yet another string in the basement. 

Um... Is this how I got Poison Ivy?

This time I cleaned up and organized his "work area" or shop.   This is really the wrong term for this as Dave does not do "craft things" or wood working or anything that requires tool or a work area in general.   

Mostly finished Work Space.
Some clean up remains.

But I do!   I will admit that there are certainly some self-interested motives behind my actions.  Many of the tools you see on the peg board are ones that have been left behind by the former house owner.  I can't tall you what half of the tools I found are even used for.  But I'm guessing the former tool owner ran into the same problem many folks run into:   They do not know what they have... so they buy replicants. 

My next project?

Putting the tools on the wall helps a lot.   It shows Dave... or whoever might need a tool.... exactly what they have and how many are available.  ( Like 6 hammers... And 12 screwdrivers.) And now, for the first time since I got here, I can see the actual bench!   I'm pretty excited about that. 

Today,  Dave finally had a complete day to relax... so we went fishing.   I was a little disappointed at the results though.   I think another group must have came before us and cleaned out the bluegills off their beds.  We did manage to catch a few nice ones that were left over. Dave had the advantage with his waders.  Whereas I was restricted to the locations with small gaps in the brush.   I also caught a  very large frog. 

And that was it.   After cleaning the fish,  Dave grilled up some Chicken and we ate supper.  Time now to finish up this blog and prepare for tomorrow.  I'm thinking it is going to be another busy day at the Zebra. But it was fun having an extra day to catch a few things up.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend this weekend.  Perhaps you spent it with friends and family.  (Living or dead!)  Which is what I think everyone should do.   Or enjoy the graduation of the next generation as we send them out to face the world and pay taxes.  Enjoy the party kids!  Adulting  is a long and sometimes depressing career.   Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

You found some nice flowers! Wild Geranium, Red Trillium, Mayapple [Mayflower], and nice poison ivy!
Looks like you had a fun filled long weekend. Impressive running too!

L. D. said...

Oh wow, I need you and your wife to come stay in our downstairs basement bedroom. It is the nicest one in the house. Right next to it is my shop that looks ten times worse than that one. I have to take a day and rehang everything and put things back on to shelves. I have a campaign going on consisting of throw lots of things away. Yes, Memorial Day is a day I remember well for my Dad's serving at the Battle of the Bulge. He suffered that experience the rest of his life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails