Sunday, June 4, 2023

A Kenosha Kite Festival.

Today, after Church,  Dave and I visited a local park where they were holding the Kenosha Kite Festival.   ( I don't know the official name. but that sounds good enough for me.) And just like rain on the 4th of July,   it was a day where the wind could have been more cooperative.   In other words, it was a peaceful calm day at the Lake Michigan lake shore. 

But that did not stop folks from having a go at it.   And the idea that there was "NO" wind is not entirely true.   A shall breeze was all it could muster for the limited time we were visiting.    It was enough of a breeze to get a few kites in the air and the pros made it look easy.  I never knew there were professional kite flyers...  But apparently there are! All the way from Vancouver!   ( That's a city in Canada for those folks educated in the public school system.) 

We did a lap and resisted the urge to buy a kite to show these kids how to fly them properly.  (A reference back to my kite flying days when I was training to be a ninja... But that is for another blog posting.) IN the end, Dave shook hands with a Police friend and I scored an IKEA coupon...  so I think we made out in the black on this one.   It was fun to watch and see all of the other people having a good time...  Even with the wind not  giving its best.    Incidentally,  the wind did seem to pick up a bit just before we left.   Almost everyone who was trying to fly a kite, got it up into the air for more than a few seconds.  

Other than that, I changed Subie's oil and dusted off my chalk collection.   I have until Tuesday night to get everything ready and set for the big event on Thursday.    Hopefully, there will be much to blog about then.   I talked to Cheryl and she invited me to a RC airplane show and a Tractor pull!  Sounds like the best Saturday Event EVER!   (I mean.... Who wouldn't want to see a tractor Pull/parade?) 

Oh,  that's right... Cheryl!   She has to go for her work and is inviting me along for the ride.   Little does she know that I plan on enjoying myself as I love RC airplanes AND tractor parades.  So the joke is on her.... I also like old cars and military hardware...  I think it might be a guy thing.   Or just me.  Either way, I'm looking forward to it. 

Wow!  Two posts this weekend.   Who would have thunk it?  I must have been motivated to write for some reason.   Then again,  I did  leave a few of the other tasks for another day. Namely:  Clearing and organizing the next section of the basement and cleaning up the floor a bit.   But I'm thinking I will have time for that later and the dirt never goes anywhere without me moving it, so it will stick around and wait for me.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to Monday as much as I am.  ( I really am!    We are supposed to get 6 trucks tomorrow!  FUN!) Warehouse work is perhaps the greatest secret they never told us when prepping us for the world out of High School.  Otherwise, everyone would want to do this job.  

Have a great week and thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails