Saturday, June 3, 2023

Another Saturday Of Unrelaxing Activity.

Normally I would say I was "relaxing" by doing things that are calm and low energy.  Things that allow me to find my "Zen" while doing them.  Today was not really one of those days. 

First of all,  I find Saturday's very short for the number of Activities I have to cram into them.  That alone makes them a little more hectic than the regular work day.  So... in addition to the usual laundry catch up for the week,  I also have to do a longer exercise routine.  

And that includes a longer run.... Which I did today.   13 Miles!  ( I think.. Could be longer.) How did I get 13 miles when I only did 12 last week?   ( I think... That could have been longer too!)   Turns out the road has been under construction for nearly three weeks now.   And it has been annoying to run and drive on while whoever tore it up dilly dallies before finishing the job.  Well today, they finally started the "finishing process."   On a Saturday!  

Why on a Saturday?   I don't know... Overtime?   All the while they have not been doing much to ready the road for the black top.  But all that does not matter!  I was thrilled that it was finally getting finished and had hoped that I would be able to catch them as they made it towards Dave's house.  

Which they did not.   ( Figures!) Curb your Enthusiasm, Eth!    I talked to one of the guys and he said they were only working until 2 P.M. and would try to top as much as they could.   Also,  this top was only the first of three layers.  I can only imagine how long we are going to have to drive on the primary layer before the eventually add the remaining two.  

To their credit,  they were working pretty fast.   When I left for my run, they has just started.   By the time I had arrived for the second go around,  they had already finished a small side section and had rounded the bend!  I ran home to grab my camera and snap a few pics of the men in action.  (And that is how I added an extra mile onto my initial long run.)

I noticed there were no women on the crew.  Mandatory diversity fails once again! Did I mention it was hot?   Did I mention it was stinky?   Did I mention it was dirty?  I wonder why females would not want a piece of that action.  A Manly career that pays well... With Benefits!  I guess the Patriarchy is still an issue in some fields of work.....

After snapping the pics and returning back to the house, I finished up the remaining loop around Parkside.   By this time it was just after 10 and the heat started to turn up.   But somehow, I managed to finish the loop without walking and without injury.   I even got to pet a dog along the way.   A Run just isn't a Run unless I pet at least one dog while I'm doing it. 

Before
After... Still needs work.

After the run,  I  got to finishing up one of those additional projects I hinted at last week.  The "fishing section" of Dave's basement is a bit of a mess.  I didn't get much done today, but I added  the shop light and peg board for the back.  I also cleaned up a bit and attempted some preliminary organization.  I may have more time tomorrow to attack it. In the mean time,  I did manage to clean up a lot of the garbage that was cluttering the area just behind it.  That means another full container for Garbage Day!

And now I am finally relaxing.  Although I ache all over.  I honestly don't know how Cheryl does this everyday.  ( And faster!)  I don't think this is getting any easier, but I do find my pain threshold has increased slightly.  My foot no longer bothers me at mile 4 like it used to!   And my knees sink into a dull ache around mile 8... Eventually the entire lower half of me goes numb and my arms start to hurt. Perhaps the goal is for my entire body to go numb.... Then I will be unstoppable!  (Maybe.) 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Weekend so far.  Tomorrow is another busy day with an Oil change, Chalk inventory, and preparation for my Chalk Festival on Thursday. Hopefully things will go as planned and I will have a great time to blog about.   Fingers crossed.  In the mean time,  Thanks for stopping in and have a great rest of your Day.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Running! You are doing it!! A biker turned runner! They say running produces endorphins that make you feel really good:)

L. D. said...

I think I am now exhausted from reading all of this. You do well with the running. I am a lot older than you but I could see cutting the miles into half to save your body. You inspire me to straighten more things in my shop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails