Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Treasure finding at Hoffmaster!

It started out as another great day at the state park. We ate our Subway and set off exploring another trail. Little did we know that on this particular trail, we would stumble upon a secret cashe of goodies! While walking down the path, I noticed what looked like a rock way up in the dunes. Rocks of this size do not normally belong up here in the sand, so I took a little closer look. At first, Cheryl and I thought it was a first aid stash for the park people in the event someone got hurt on the trail. But then our investigation revealed that it was part of a global scavenger hunt! Apparently, people with GPS's are all looking for things to do with their new toys. So the website started putting these little secret stashes with locations on their website for people to find and log their findings. The3 plastic container was loaded with goodies that you could take one if you left something else in return. Cheryl wanted to take the toy truck, but later settled with the Jacks in exchange for one of her Key Fobs. We then logged our findings in the little notebook and replaced all the goodies for the next lucky person to find. It was pretty fun! Then we walked down to the beach and left the park. After that, there was not much else to mention as that was the highlight of the hike. As for the rest of the evening..I continued carving. I have not been able to get very far on my project as I keep getting interrupted by the neighbors! Not that I mind much. I love talking about carving to anyone who will listen. I may chip away at it a little more tonight. the weather has been pretty nice and it seems to be getting warmer. It will be a good night for having a nice soothing fire! Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

1 comment:

Athena's Armoury said...

That's really the reason I want a GPS! Geocaching looks like so much fun. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails