Sunday, May 6, 2012

More stockings, Cats and How to MAKE Gyoza....

So I finally did it!   I decided to find out just how to make Gyoza.   It is so simple that I cant believe it!   Anyway, It is very fun stuffing those little wraps with the stuff.   The recipe I followed is fairly simple and easy to add things to or take away.   I 've already added fish instead of turkey/pork.  
Anyway,  it calls for ( and the proportions can be switched up to your liking)  1 cup cabbage, 1/2 cup of onions, 1 cup pork/ or chicken/ or turkey/or fish,  1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp vegetable oil,   any spices to your taste.....I like garlic and hot mustard.    I have substituted chives for the onions,  olive oil for the vegetable oil, horse radish for the other spices...and the list goes on.   
  Take the mixture and blend it up to a almost pate'    and fill the dumplings.   Dip your finger in water to make sure the one side will stick to the other and fold them like this....easy!  You can fry them or steam them .   
I have become addicted!    
Other than that,   we continue working at ACT on the MCAT and GMAT while doing stockings on the weekend.   Today we worked on some raccoon stockings.   We were planning on having this week off, but the GMAT asked for volunteers and we signed up.   It was one of those things where we need to do the stockings, but need the money now, more.   So,  my posts have been getting more and more infrequent.   
 But with only weekends, and the help of one of the shop cats,   we should have things to post...a little at least.   Hope everyone is having a great week/or month....depending on how often I post stuff.   We shall see. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails