Monday, May 26, 2014

Subaru Woes! Front Control Arm Failure!

DSC_4660It happened while parking in our driveway.   A quick “pop!” and that was that.   DSC_4661I inspected the tire or the location of the pop at least, and could find nothing wrong with anything.  And then there was this morning.  

 

A quick trip to the store and I barely made it to the high school before the car began rattling off the road.  “Ball Joint” was the first thing that came to my mind.  This has happened to me before when I had the old jeep.  Not too big of a deal, but I know the vehicle is not drivable.DSC_4662

DSC_4667Then I look “under the hood”  so to say.   More like: “behind the wheel”.   The Front passenger side control arm was completely rusted through! 

This poses quite the dilemma as we now have to get to work and get this thing fixed at the same time.   Luckily, we have another vehicle at our disposal temporarily, but that still makes for playing phone tag with the folks at the repair shop.   OH! The Humanity! 

 subaru_impreza_front_lower_suspension_diagramMostly I’m upset that our lovely Subaru has a boo boo!   We wash it religiously just so the salt will not build up and cause such problems.   mainHopefully things will all work out as we now have a few plans in motion at the moment.   But for now, we just have to wait until the STUPID HOLIDAY WEEKEND is over.    Ever notice that MOST disasters happen on holidays when NO ONE is open?   Ah well,  whatever does not kill you makes you angry….or something like that. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails