Monday, August 8, 2016

A "Happy" Birthday...To Me.

I debated whether I should actually post anything today.   What is there to say about your birthday, anyway?   Another nail in the coffin?  Another notch in the ever expanding belt?  I think the harsh fact is that after age 30, I stopped celebrating them.   Or at least...I no longer feel "festive"  whenever one comes around.

Isn't this the ONLY way to eat cake?
Remember those times when birthdays used to be Awesome?   All that cake and ice cream!   Friends and toy and money showered on you as if you were the King for a day.  And...most importantly,  being able to eat as much of that cake and ice cream and never have to worry about the repercussions of overindulgence.   Ah, to be young again...

Fireworks on my AWESOME Car Cake!
But the truth is I don't want to go back to that simpler time.   Well, not as a kid anyway.   I like being an adult...even with all of this baggage.  (both physical AND mental!) I complain about my education and how I often feel it has failed me somehow; but I actually am quite fond of knowing things.  Even if I have yet to manage to capitalize on this knowledge financially.   I rarely reminisce about my youth with envy.   In fact,  I often feel as if I was embarrassingly stupid all of those years.  The truth is, in most cases,  I was simply too young.
I'm older than YOU!  Repent!

Ah, but this is beginning to sound depressing. Which is the primary reason I did not want to post anything.  I'm even beginning to Sound like an old man.   I hope not.  In my real day to day life anyway.  As strange as this sounds, I hope I continue to sound as young as a teenager on summer break.  Well,  mostly.
No wonder they do not respect me at work. 


2016 has not been the "Greatest" year so far. And it is currently 2/3rds of the way over.   I'm hoping that something big happens in the last third to compensate for that.  Sometimes you just need a change to feel that "child-like" discovery once again.  And perhaps,  a year from now,  I will have a slightly more upbeat posting on this blog glowing about how awesome the following year of my life went.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails