With bills paid, shopping finished, cat released.... It was time for me to do what I had been bothered by for the entire week....Subie's Brakes!
|New Rotors, Slider pins, and Grease|
|Brake cleaner removes the oil|
|Synthetic, rated for 3000 degrees!|
|Old brake rotor, caliper and bracket|
|Rotor off! Finally!|
He would not be far off. I am TERRIFIED that I may forget something and end up running into a tree because I handled the rotors with greasy hands. Let's just say I'm aware of my short-comings when it comes to automobiles.
|Comparing them to match.|
One Breaker-bar later, The caliper bracket was off as well as the rotor.
|Wiping off that packing grease!|
|Looks like this bracket is bad as well.|
|Old next to new.|
|It came with a small pouch of anti-seize|
|But..I'll use the expensive stuff.|
|Slider pin ready for assembly.|
I reassembled it and BOOM! Fixed! Even looks good! No squeaks. No slips. Amazing! Well, I'm amazed at least. One tire done!
|New bolts included!|
|With new rubber seals and lubricant|
|Passenger side complete...3 to go!|
So....there it is. Ethan manages a little more success each time I remove the wheel. Perhaps I may almost be "dangerous" by the time I get to the fourth tire.
Speaking of tire...we finally replaced the the last of the "original" tires on Wednesday. I noticed the belts were showing when I attempted the brakes last weekend.
It was probably a good thing we changed it BEFORE it left us stranded along side the road. And... Best of all.... I was able to pay for it with a last minute Pearson project add on. The project is over now...but I managed to make enough to hopefully pay for all this junk I'm fixing Subie with.