Sunday, August 20, 2017

Waiting for the Moon

It's Finally upon us!
Are you ready for the life changing event that is coming up tomorrow?   Unless you are a pagan that worships the "Sun god"  Or are one of those "evil omen" doomsayers,

Maybe for my viewing opportunity.
Is this 93.2% coverage?
 Tomorrow will mark a Total Solar Eclipse event here in the good ole U.S. of A.  If you are fortunate enough to be in the narrow shadow line,  then you will be treated to the total package.   I'm so envious!

As for me,  I'll be watching ( hopefully) from here in Wellman, Iowa with a 93.2% coverage.  Not total, but more than I have ever seen before.  I hope it is noticeable. 

Path of the "Lucky" ones.
In my "fantasy world"   Cheryl and I win the lottery and make a play for driving to the shadow line before the moon catches the sun. ( about 100 miles south of us.)  I say fantasy, because one: we do not play the lottery.   Two:  We would never win anyway.   And three:  Only the lottery would deliver the amount of money needed for a full tank of gas to get down there in time.   

There was the possibility that last Saturday's farmers market would provide the needed funds, but no.   At least the money was consistent with previous visits...so it is reliable in that way.   Ah well,   I'll simply have to be happy with 93.2 %.  Which is actually a better percentage than most things in my life.  (Usually, I'm thankful for any good thing over 51%)

Cheryl and Ethan excel in the "arts and crafts" science.
Full eclipse will happen around 1:30 pm here.   ( Well,  93.2% anyway)  and begins at around 11:30.   With a little luck,  I'll be able to see the entire event with my pin hole camera in our yard (unless there are clouds....(Partly cloudy.... sigh.... greater than 50%... but less than 93.2%)   So there may be a possibility that I may not see it after all....  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails