Friday, February 9, 2018

Running And Dodging Disasters In The Snow.

More Snow,  Less Running.
 Another wave of snow hit us yesterday.  Not as damaging as the blizzard a few days ago, but a few inches of powder and slush.  Enough to be irritating.   Cheryl continues her battle with her knee,  the snow,  the world and the universe.  All while I calmly ride alongside on my bike.




Cheryl Will Not BE STOPPED!
With the blowing and drifting snow as it is,  we have become stranded back on the limited sections where they plow the sidewalks.   Cheryl has been trying to get her knee back in shape by limiting her distance and walking and stretching when it becomes a problem.
A few places that are clear.
 We are up to 2 miles currently.   As it turns out,  the plowed sidewalk is not much longer than that,   so it is a Win/Win for a rather bleak situation. 

Hills.  Again!  
Stretching out the Knee.
Today!   More Snow,  Less Sidewalk. 
Of course the knee pain, potential blizzard threat, and the Subie scare all conspired to force us to rethink our racing plans.  You see,   Cheryl had scheduled a Valentine's Day run this weekend in Kansas.   Even though it is south of here,  the blizzard path was uncertain.   And even if the storm was a miss,   her leg and the car still might cause us more anxiety than fun....  So we cancelled the Hotel room.   Nothing could be done about the race fee... She has been pretty bummed about that.  I keep telling her that it was the correct decision,  but she never listens to me..

Blowing and Drifting Snow.

But then,  I was able to bend the universe to my will.   I'll be the first to admit that it is a hit or miss affair.  I rarely know when I can control it,  But control it I can!  I shall explain.

The race,  with no prior warning,  announced at 11 A.M. this morning that they were going to push the race back to next weekend.   The snow storm has the city on alert and the Police that are supposed to help are going to be too busy to chaperone the race route.  So,  in essence,  Cheryl has been given a second chance at the race after all!  And it is all thanks to ME!

I seem to be getting better at this. 






More importantly,  Cheryl notes that we were supposed to leave this Morning! And by the time that message was sent, we should have been half way there.   If we had to brave the white out and slippery conditions only to find out the race had been pushed back.... We would have done all of that for nothing!   ( and been very mad!) So essentially,  we dodged a bullet.

If only I looked this Cool in Black. 
But really,  this is perhaps the best outcome that could have happened.   Sure, there is still the possibility that she might not be able to attend the race even a week later, ( knee problems,  Subie problems, Freak asteroid hitting the earth problems,  etc.) BUT  she has the potential to salvage a lost opportunity from the bad luck streak that is our current life  story.  There are only a couple other times where I was responsible for tweaking the MATRIX to bend to my will.

  I don't have the same control that Neo does... But maybe I will eventually get the hang of things.  I should probably practice more.  Currently, I have trouble dodging responsibilities...  But I think I'm getting better!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails