Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Touch Of The Crazies!

Too much energy.
Running in the cold
Cheryl has officially gone crazy.    I guess the magic spell that the Mechanic cast on us was only temporary.   Add in the cold weather, deep snow, lack of running, lack of biking, and sedentary scoring gig and you can possibly see why she feels she needs to run outside in the cold with no jacket on.


And ice

And snow
The really bad thing about her going insane... is that she ends up driving me and the cat insane as well.   And whenever I'm inconvenienced...  well that is when I have to blog.    Rant, rave, and complain all come from me being unsettled.  And ,  this is important!  It is All Cheryl's Fault!


She drives me and the cat crazy
There,  I feel better somehow.   If only Cheryl could discover the therapeutic activity that is blogging. (And sometimes Video gaming...  and origami.)   I should probably thank her since I had no ideas for a blog post today.   But then she drags me out into the cold...   in the dark.  Nah,  I'll keep my gratitude secret for the time being.

Tesla in Space!

The concept.
So other than Cheryl's cliff jump,  I learned that they blasted a Tesla Vehicle into outer space this morning.   I have to admit,  I was totally blown away by this little stunt.   I have been following the SpaceX story  for a while now and I remember taking time out of our grade school day to watch the Discovery and Challenger lift off. Back in the NASA days.
   
What used to be Sci-Fiction
Now things are in the private sector and these guys not only launch privately funded rockets into space....BUT then RECOVER THEM!  It is truly mind blowing watching the rockets come back down and land again.   This could usher in a new space race that only the comics could have imagined.
Is becoming reality.






And,  just to add a gimmick..because the guy also is part owner of the Tesla ( an awesome future car as well)   They decided to put the car into space.   You can watch a live feed as I'm writing this.    Very cool indeed.

Insanity in the space and marketing firms.  Don't Panic!
In case it is not clear,  I'm all for free markets being unleashed my entrepreneurs. Governments are unfortunately wasteful and narrow minded.  Entrepreneurs figure how to balance cost, benefits, publicity, and applications of science much better.  Watch the video and see if it does not stir up that excitement of the past... when putting a man on the moon literally stopped the earth for one moment.
Seems like an odd way to travel in space.
And the space aliens who recover this thing are going to wonder how or why it is floating around in space.   Sounds like a really cool story.
Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails