Tuesday, February 6, 2018

When You Can't Afford Therapy, Try A Mechanic!

I patched up the Subaru today.  Two seconds, one fuse, and without any snow, Subie was alive again.      Enough to actually get to the certified car care professional that was required.   Not so much for Subie's sake...  But more so for Cheryl's.
"Routine" Checkup...  

Cheryl commented today,  and I think this is very insightful...  That she either requires Therapy from a clinical psychologist  or a Mechanic... to gain peace of mind.    Having no money for a therapist,  we decided to visit a mechanic and  take the car in for a semi-routine check up.   Similar to a physical...  Only without us having to get naked.

How is this related to the Car?
And here is where I begin to rant.  Why does the Government require us to get mandatory Healthcare insurance when it does not require us to get mandatory auto insurance?  Oh wait!  It DOES!   And somehow we still had to pay for this little check up for the Subaru.   What is the insurance even for?   Why is maintenance and trips to the mechanic not part of the car insurance plan? 

Well,  I'm not for the Government screwing with anything I own.  Namely:  My car or my body. (Or Cheryl's body for that matter... but that is really her department.)  So I end up trying to do it all myself.   When I can.  I try to bike a little,  control my food,  avoid vices,   and change Subie's oil and top off his fluids when they need it.  I even check the air in the tires.   All so I DON'T have to go to the mechanic.
A Master doing magic!  Bad things be gone!

But Cheryl's anxiety gets the better of me, and I cave.   I also did not mind having  a master check my work,  in the event I screwed something else up and had not yet discovered it.   The Mechanic checked things out and ran the magic diagnostic check, Giving Subie a relatively clean bill of health.   He noted that we burned out a headlight. ( Possibly from my little firework show yesterday.) and offered to change it out for us.  We accepted.

Now Subie is made whole again!

No Bargain Fortune teller required.
He also performed a placebo treatment where they pull out the battery to "reset" the computer...  so Subie's 'heart and mind are one again.'   We  thanked him for his knowledge and healing ability and handed over $109.00 bucks.   Cheryl feels better.   Subie runs fine.   And I feel safer knowing I did not break anything else.  All that for $109 bucks!  Only a Psychic would have been cheaper.
Even if nothing actually happened. , I feel better.

So next time you think about a Shrink,   consider going to a Mechanic.  Not only do their fix your wife's fear of becoming stranded in Wellman Iowa;   They also sometimes fix your car.  And best of all,  they are way cheaper than an actual Doctor.


1 comment:

L. D. said...

A new thing I had to learn with my new, used, Toyota Tundra, is to disconnect the battery for five minutes. I kept accidentally hitting a button on the dash that wants to shut down my ice reaction device. When it gets hit, then the truck won’t accelerate more than 30 mph. People who own the truck, live with it, and they just keep disconnecting the battery. I think that too is how they separate heart and brain. Hang in there. All cars are out to get us. After the company discovered it problems, they changed the newer models and don’t have answers for the older model.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails