Sunday, July 8, 2018

Bike Ride in Muscatine.


Saturday at Muscatine.   What's New?
With all those old pictures cleared up, I can finally blog about what Cheryl and I have been up to.   I should mention that Pearson lasted until Thursday, and cut us loose until the next project. ( starting up next Wednesday.)  So Cheryl and I have a little time to ourselves to catch up on things and recharge our batteries.  What shall we do with this new found time???

Well,  besides sleeping in every morning,  we have been working on catching up on our bike riding.   We used to ride 80 miles a week!   But since work began, we have been limited to weekends.   And even those days have been cut in half.  So let's dust off our helmets and do something "Crazy!"


Like ride out to Muscatine.   A little too crazy,  I know.   We had rode 16 miles in Davenport on the 4th ( after her Firecracker Run.)  but Davenport seemed a little too far away.   Muscatine is closer and we have not been there for over 6 months.   Time to see what had changed.
Road repairs finished... on this side.

I should also mention that the weather had been much more mild these last few days.  Perfect for riding a bike in the afternoon.  The Mississippi was busy as ever and there were plenty of folks out enjoying walks. 
Wonder why it's called "goose path'?

Looks like Fido had an accident.
The road work that was a constant hassle last summer has moved.  the entrance to our favorite park is now closed and moved down.   The sidewalks have also been tore up so we have to get creative with our bike routes. Not that big of a deal, but still a bit of a headache. 




Ah!   Because of the geese!  
Add caption
Especially when you have to take the "GOOSE PATH".   That is the "family friendly" name I came up with .   Perhaps you can see why it is called the Goose Path.... and maybe come up with a better name for it. Feel free to comment.

Deer near the trail.
As so often happens,   we saw a deer in the middle of the day just down from the dike.  I know I have taken pictures of deer at this location before, but not this close.

Handy bike repair stop. 
A few additions to the path to make it even more bike friendly.   A bike repair station!   I used it to pump up my tire.  A handy little thing  when I needed it.  Thankfully,  I only required the air pump.   Using the wrenches and screwdrivers would be a little daunting this far from home.

Lunch at Tee's
We stopped at Tee's again to enjoy a little ice cream and a burger.   I left a little origami to say my thank you. I hope they will appreciate it.
Back at the trail and Trains again!

After an 11 mile first round,  Cheryl had all this "energy".   So we went out for an additional 14 miles.   For a total of 25 miles in one day!   That kinda hurts the bum after a while.   So we both decided to take today off from biking and instead cook up some beer battered Halibut.   IT had been a long time since we stunk up the house with friend fish.
Today!  Halibut!


Brings back memories.
  And Cheryl has been craving "Bad for you" food for a while now.  It certainly beats eating cakes and brownies.  I tossed in a few mushrooms along with the fish.  Deep fried mushrooms were offered at Tee's and Cheryl noted that ours (mine!) tasted better.   I am inclined to agree. 

I have also been touching up the clear coat on the Subaru.   Nothing too involved, since we do not have as much time as I would like to tear things up again.  But I like the way things are turning out.  I figure three to five coats of cleat coat and then a final buff out.   I'm still in unfamiliar territory, so fingers crossed. 
All this for some experience.

And that is about everything... for now.  Thanks for stopping in and I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails