Friday, May 17, 2019

Greetings From Wisconsin!

After a long day of scoring papers for 6th graders in Rhode Island,   what better way to unwind than to run a Norwegian marathon?    I guess the Norwegians are not as crazy as the rest of the world,  limiting their marathons to only 20 miles....  Either that OR the distance between Madison Wisconsin and Stoughton Wisconsin is just....  20 miles! 

Either way,  we are going to celebrate Syttende Mai  with the Norwegians here in German Country.  Even though I'm Swedish and Cheryl is Dutch(-ish) And both of us are German (we think), we are still apparently welcome to join in on the fun. 


So.   After a  long day at work,  a long drive here... what ever shall we do?   Well,  Drink beer and rest up for tomorrow.  It is on only thing we can do at this point.   It is 9:00 P.M. and we have an early morning to scope out the route and find our spectator spots.    Also, there will be Romelgrot for our future. 

I should also note that Cheryl has to run it.   20 miles!   I keep forgetting there is an element of "work" involved.   But not for me...  (unless pictures and fueling points count....  then I guess I still have a job.) 

I'll keep it brief and sign off.   Hopefully I will have a good day tomorrow and will have enough pictures and bandwidth to post something.   We shall see. 


Wish us Luck! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails