Thursday, May 2, 2019

Pella Flower Love.

As promised...  To myself mostly...  A post on the various flowers of Pella.   And some of the other pics we took along the way.

Who wants to look at pics of flowers?  Other than the person who took them.   Let's face it,  They are pretty much like baby pics or vacation pics you show your neighbors.   They smile and are polite, but we all know that they are secretly bored to tears.
Yep!  They are doing exactly what I did... Taking pictures of all of the flowers.    Might as well write "TOURIST" on
our backs.   Nice to know I was in good company, though.  

But that never seems to stop us from showing how much fun we had in Disneyland; How cute our Kids/Grand kids/ Pets look; and how awesome our flowers/tomatoes turned out this year.   We are all human.

But since I read this blog.. and took all those stupid pics at Pella last night,  I may as well kill the remaining Bandwidth to put them on the blog.   That way I get to erase them off this computer with a clear conscience. 

I never knew that tulips could come in such a wide array of "styles".  I knew there were lots of colors... AND color combinations!   But the tulips that looked like peonies and irises were rather fascinating!.   I'm sure I have seen them before, but probably just passed over them as we drove by someone's yard.   But seeing so many of the same type was really something.

As mentioned before,   We visited the bakery.   Cheryl was very excited to pry into her Apple pastry and I enjoyed a dutch letter and a cream horn.   Cream Horn... A taste of nostalgia.    Dad used to love these things, though I may never know why.   Possibly because they were the only sweet he got to enjoy as a kid.   But cream horns are rather "bla" in the flavor area.   They are overly sweet and have that dry, cardboard pastry shell.   The Bakery made them just like I remembered....  But there is not much you can do with that combination.   At least it brought back memories.

The Bakery also had a huge supply of Delft.   They even put it on the sides of their buildings in Pella!   Good thing we are not collectors, because there was something for everyone there!

In addition to the Tulips,   There were the flowering trees.   I love it here in Iowa when the apple and cherry trees bloom.   It looks like snow when they drop their petals.  I can only imagine what the park will look like in a week.



There were a lot of pics and it is possible I skipped over a bunch,  but I tried to put them in a  collage.   They probably have more of a splash that way  anyway.   I wanted to make sure the colors came through as the light was not the best at 7:00 P.M. last night.

I should also mention that Cheryl got her Award from the Little Rock Marathon today.   It is practically invisible unless you put something behind it to read the print.   This was the first time she actually got her name on an award from a run.   Yeah! 2nd Place Old Lady!

Looks like we may finish  the PTE project tomorrow.   This will be a good thing as I think All of us are ready for a break from scoring.   And that will leave the Weekend free and clear for something special ...  I wonder what Cheryl has planned this time...  We shall see. 

Thanks for stopping in and looking at the Boring Flower pics.   They never seem boring when you are taking them.  But I guess I can see how others may not find them as exciting....now...  that I'm home and not surrounded my the pretty Dutch things. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails