Friday, May 3, 2019

The Lake Monona 20K...Cheryl's Lake Run.

 Greetings from Wisconsin!  After a short but gruelling day at work,  we were able to travel here!  And begin our new lives as Free Agents of Change, Fun, And Excitement!   To celebrate this new found title,  Cheryl has scheduled a race... Because,  nothing says freedom better than running a really, really long way.

Ok,  20K is really close to a half marathon, and Cheryl eats half marathons for breakfast, dinner and sometimes lunch.  Add in that she has done this race several times before.... when she was not hurt, and you can see why we are here.

We skipped the Packet pick-up because one:  we already worked today and did not feel like it.  And two:   There is really not much to it anyway.  we pull into a small and difficult little store and pick up the bib and stuff...  and that is it!   No bells.  No Whistles.   Not even a free gummy chew!   So all of the pictures on today's blog posting will be ones I stole from the Internet.   Isn't "intellectual property" grand?

I'm sure people steal my pics as well.   I'm ok with it.   Someday, I just know I will be recognized by National Geographic for my awesome Picture Taking Skills.  And since most of my pictures are about me,  I'm sure I'll become famous and the money will just start pouring in.   (Delusions of Grandeur.)

By the way,  I'm currently eating a rotisserie Chicken in our hotel room and I just have to say:   Wisconsin may  do Beer or Cheese better than anyone else, but they are really lacking in the Rotisserie Chicken department!   It is dry and bland!   And HUGE!    I guess they do not know that you can hatch and grow a "Steamer Chicken" in as little as 6 weeks!   They are tender, ( this one is not)  Small, (this one is not)  and delicious!  ( this one is definitely Not!) How can you ruin chicken?   Maybe if it was a cow...  I'm telling you,   Size DOES matter and in this case:  Smaller is better!

So, other than that,  we shall spend the rest of the evening trying to forget all those strange words and phrases from the PTE and get back to becoming "normal" again.   (As if going to work is "ab-normal" .. Well, it seems to be for us, anyway) I have several games to download and a bunch of You Tube videos to binge on.   Cheryl has her Internet shopping and whatever else that she does.   And hopefully,  this chicken will curb my appetite for the rest of the evening..  and maybe the rest of the week!  ( I need to stop eating so much anyway.) 

Thanks for stopping in!  And hopefully, we will have some new pictures,  a new medal, and enough Internet at home to be able to log in and show them off.   Have a good one!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails