Saturday, September 28, 2019

Cheryl's Long Run In The Rain.

Cheryl runs 15 miles in the rain. 
15 miles in Muscatine today.   And it misted on us on the first half of the adventure.    Cheryl has been itching to run longer than the half marathon distance for a while now.   Today,  she decided that she was going to do it even if she had to walk some of it.



Barges hauling in the mist. 
And she did.  A little.   It does not matter, because I would rather have her walk a little than get hurt trying to prove something.  Besides,   she pretty much held a decent pace most of the way even with the walking.   She forgot to bring water along, so she had to make do with the moist and cool-ish air.   At least there was no sun or hot/humid temps to have to deal with.

Along the way,  we saw a few things.  A few barges moving things that are not the typical grain bins.

Barges moving giant fins for
windmills. 
Most of the mist quit after mile 7
And also,  for the first time ever...  Two deer laying down near the trail.  I have never seen deer sleeping or laying down in all the time I used to hunt or trample around in the woods.   Today, was the first time.

No the best focus.   Let's zoom a bit. 
Two deer resting. 

I could tell that they are alive. ( as opposed to dead deer...  which there are plenty along the highway here in Iowa.  Nope!  Looked like they were just chillin' in the small woodlot along the dike.    Normally, we see them every now and then eating along the train tracks.   I'm sure I have blogged about it before.

See them now?  
Other than that,  it has been overcast and cool.  Cheryl completed her 15 miles and is happily resting on the floor drinking tea, eating cookies and reading a British magazine.   Sounds like a good time to me.

Cheryl complees the training run. 
Hope everyone is enjoying this fine day.  After posting this blog entry, I will most likely be joining her in her sloth-ness.   After, perhaps, I finish making my Ice cream.   I can't wait! 

Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails