Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Gearing Up The Allenbrite Studio.

6 sales right out of the gate! 
Yesterday we openned up the Etsy store and immediately got 34 conversations!   I was so thrilled, because I get to answer those conversations and I fancy myself as an undiscovered novelist who spends his time trying to find productive outlets for his prose.  ( This blog is one of them.)

Cheryl sewing things up. 
So I spent most of the day yesterday trying to reel in the fish on the other end of the Etsy Convo page.   Cheryl is always worried my strange and indirect methods of writing will confuse, offend or utterly scare away potential customers.   But I think my track record of being funny, but not too funny;  informative, but not too detailed; and entertaining, but not too familiar will entice enough people to hand over their hard earned money bills so that I can fix both the car and the outside cat. ( don't tell Cheryl my plans....)

Chocolate gills,  
With the Help from Hello Kitty. 




Other than that,  for the second day in a row,  the mornings have been cool here in Iowa.  We have started out bike rides in the 50's and ended them in the 70's.   Seems a lot like Fall weather.   Where was this cold front/morning when the Marathon was happening? 
Smooth top.   Meadow mushroom? 

Gills tightly packed. 
But there are Mushrooms.   A little weekend rain followed by cooler temps have triggered the Puffballs and other mushrooms to sprout up.  But with stockings taking some of that free time,  there are no longer the number of excuses I can use to go searching for them.   Looks like I will have to rely on the bike rides to do my hunting.   We shall see if Cheryl gets itchy for a forest walk any time soon.  ( And my Itchy,  I don't mean poison Ivy!  Both of us have had several bouts already this year.)
Yumm,  Puffballs,  (see the Yellow
bruising?  These are the BEST!) 
Black/brown spore print. 

Thanks for stopping in.  I'll keep this short and try to keep the record of the shop history for Future Ethan and Cheryl to marvel over.   Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails