Friday, October 4, 2019

Cheryl's Indianapolis Half Marathon. Packet Pick-up.

Greetings from Indiana!   It was a long drive but Subie made it and we are resting semi- comfortably in our hotel room.   The same one we were in during the WTF (Winter Trail Frosty.) race earlier this year. 

No much to talk about.  The drive was long, the air is cooler here and there is a lot of traffic this side of the Mississippi.   I feel like I ran a gauntlet  of Bumper cars and Dodgeball!  But we survived...  rush hour traffic. ( It is an hour earlier here...  so our 3:30 was their 4:30!    A half hour before Rush hour!)



Getting the bib.

We found the packet pick-up and got Cheryl's bib and shirt.   While we were there, we picked up another race shirt that had her name on the back.  She liked the colors and the design... and the name....  not that anyone will ever see the small print.



Finding Cheyrl's name on the shirt. 
We also checked out several other races she has been interrested in here in Indiana.  Mostly the Donut 5K.   Running for donuts has always been a fantasy of hers.

We missed driving by the Subaru assembly plant this time.   Lots of road construction and various detours.   I would have really liked to have taken a picture of it.


Grain is already being piled high!
I noticed that they are harvesting the fields already here in Indiana.  I'm sure somewhere in Iowa, the work has begun as well.  Looks like there is already a serious harvest underway.   Check out this pile!   And there are pleny of fields still needing to be harvested.  Remindes me of Fryown that one year when we drove by.  The bins must have been filled because they had huge stacks of it in the parking lots.
I won't even have to move
to have a good spectator spot. 

Well,  that is all I have for the moment.  The time change has Cheryl worried about getting up even EARLIER tomorrow.   My only concern is the parking situation and traffic.  Cheryl bought me a meal ticket, so I can join the runners in the food tent.    With a little luck, the temps will remain cool and Cheryl will have to worry about staying WARM at the start insteasd of deciding if she will be able to survive he race without ice down her back.    Fingers crossed.

Thanks for stopping in and wish her luck!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope Cheryl has a good run! I have enjoyed seeing all the mushroom you have been posting...I think they are all poisonous up here:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails