Thursday, October 31, 2019

You Get What You Pay For With Bargain Socks...

Cheryl saw that there was a "sale" at the Local HyVee store on Socks.   HyVee is a grocery store that occasionally has a few Hawkeye Items and winter gloves/hats.    With Winter Happening around us,  What better time than now to get those thicker socks for Me....  The Freezing Cyclist that rides next to her.

However,  Every bargain comes with a price.   I discovered this today, putting the first pair of socks on my feet. 

A little un-even-ness has occured.  At first I thought I had not pulled them up all the way.   Nope!  They are really mis-matched.   The good news is the other two pairs seem to be matched properly.   So1/3 of the package is a little "off,"  I guess I can still wear them under my winter cycling pants without any problems.   And No one will be the wiser....  Except me.


Speaking of Winter!  It has hit us with a second punch!  This time it looks more like winter and less like "A Freak Snow Event in Autumn."   And Just in time for Halloween!

 
My prediction is that everyone will do their Trick Or Treat-ing dressed up as Spooky Eskimos!  Eskimo Ghost, Eskimo Vampire, Eskimo Pirate...



As For Cheryl,  She ran in this stuff.  At least the path was mostly clear.   It migh be a problem since all of those leaves fell just before the snow covered them.  This may make the trail maintenance folks have to work a little harder to clear the trail... if they even bother at all. 

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry where they are.   If you are in Iowa,  At least the weather is supposed to warm up after tomorrow.  Fingers Crossed! 

Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet someone someplace has that same pair of socks:) You got snow! Congratulations...enjoy it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails