Friday, November 15, 2019

A Slight Cat Problem.

Cats passing in the hallway. 
So  answer me this...  What do you do when an indoor cat wants to go outside, and an outdoor cat wants to be inside? 
Hiro inspects the Felt order.




Answer:    Keep them both in the hallway of your Apartment until the both equal out.   At least that is what I have been trying to do for the better part of a week now.
Hiro The Anti-Shop cat. 
 Hiro, the anti-shop cat wants to go outside... unless it is too cold.   In which case, he stops at the door,  but refuses to go out.  (But whines obsessively!)

Leo on the porch. 
Leo,  ( That is what we are calling him now....)  Is an outdoor stray that showed up this summer...   Thin Full of fleas and worms and VERY hungry.   After killing the fleas and worms and feeding him until he is about three times his initial size... he now wants to come inside.




And why wouldn't he?  It has been rather cold this week.   Warm, dry, and comfy sounds so much better than cold, dark and hungry....


This pic actually looks like our
fussy Neighbor. 

Well,  my idea was working just fine...  But the process is a little slow.   And I have been getting odd looks from the neighbors when I hang out in the hallway with the cats.  (Like they live in the hallway...)
So a more permanent solution is due, I'm sure.   Cheryl has given permission to allow Leo inside on a probationary period.   He has been fine and well behaved so far out in the hallway.  I have an appointment for Dec 6th for his visit to the vet.   He has been getting along with Hiro and has not displayed any "territorial" behavior.... All good signs.

The cold strikes cats when they
least expect it. 
And with the winter only getting darker and colder,  I would rather not have to worry about him getting frost bit, run over, or eaten by a Coyote.   He does have claws and a thick fur coat, but why take the chance...
Besides, He has already had a run in with a skunk.... (Ask me how I know....)  Believe me.  I know! (I'm sure no skunks were harmed, and Leo has learned a valuable lesson.)

Leo thinks the food is pretty good. 
Especially the "gormet" stuff...
So we shall see how he next phase works out.   He is quite a cuddly cat, and maybe he will win Cheryl over with his sleepy looks and soft cuddly fur.  She could use a friend, since Hiro ignores her most of the time.   All of the local vets appear to be booked up until late December....  Possibly because this is the time all those outdoor cats have to get fixed before they can come in.   I guess I'm lumped in with those procrastinators as well.   We shall see how things pan out.

In the mean time,  only 11 stockings today.  A pleasant break from the normal 20 or so.   We don't need much of a break,  but a little one helps from time to time.   Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails