Friday, January 17, 2020

And Finally, The Snow Storm Has Arrived!

Because Subaru's RALLY! 
Our first day back after two sick days and we get sent home early today because of snow!  YEEHA!   I'll Take it!  Because... I own a SUBARU! 
In the snow! 

Yes, yes,  Subie certainly loves the snow.   Better than Ice.   In fact,   Our entire driveway is covered in snow...but with a thick layer of Ice underneath.   One of the Upstairs tenants parked her car down on one of our slots because she could not climb the small incline up to hers.   I climbed in Subie to have a little "fun" climbing up and down the driveway....   I barely noticed the Ice until I hit the brakes!  The Ice made Subie slide sideways.   His traction is so good it would be easy to think you are on dry roads!   I don't think I could ever go back to driving a "normal: car again....

 The Traction may be Awesome, but I still have to worry about things like "Visibility" and "Other Drivers."  It still can be a bit unsettling to drive in the dark with limited visibility.   And although the AWD is possibly the best in the biz, ( Certainly the best in Class...)   It does not give you licence to go stupid.    Still....  I do enjoy the snow sometimes.

Luckily,  they sent us home at 12:30.   The snow was just hitting us, but it started in Wellman... So we were gonna go through it  no matter what.   But coming home in the light, what little there was in the blowing snow,  was better than trailing a train of red lights.. Each only going 25 mph because they are driving a Chrysler minivan...  All the while being tailgated by a F450 SUPER heavy duty  Ford truck who thinks he can still drive 70!  ( That happened last year...)

The snow is to continue all night and end tomorrow morning.  Add in a serious Wind Chill and much colder temps by tomorrow morning.  Cheryl wants to run,  and I've been feeling much better lately, so it may be inevitable. When Cheryl can't run, it is like when I stop eating...  We get very grumpy and unbearable to live with.   Best if she runs a little of that "negaive energy" off in the deep freeze.  Besides,  We have riden/run in the negatives before...  even with a biting windchill.

Time to check if Leo is outside wanting to get in.   I would not blame him if he was a no-show tonight.  The wind is certainly howling!  But such is the life of an outdoor cat....  I offered him the opportunity to stay inside for the day, but he insisted he be let outside.   He does have a very plush fur coat, so I'm sure he will be fine.   Even so....  He probably will get hungry. 

Hope everyone else is staying warm and safe.  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails