Thursday, August 20, 2020

Bubbles, Beverages and Spiders!

Plum Soda!  Made
by us....
That Title sounds like a Witches Brew!
Check out the Bubbles! 
Well, we finally got to sample the Plum Soda Cheryl has been fermenting over the last few days.  We opened the one that Cheryl exploded yesterday ( there, apparently, was some left in the bottle.)   It was Fizzy!    Who would have 'thunk' that Effervescence happened on its own.   I can't wait to try the Watermelon soda now.  Cheryl moved those three bottles to the Refrigerator so they can cool down and ( hopefully) not explode.  I will give you an update on what happens. If we are still alive, that is... ( I don't think anyone has ever been killed by exploding pop bottles, have they?)   I can hardly wait!
Running on the trail 

I thought everyone had a right to their own body. 
Today has been one of those days where I really have nothing to do.  I finished my story, and don't really have the beginning of the next one ready in my mind.  ( I wanted to tackle the "forced vaccinations on the American Population"  and see how that would work out when utilizing China Communist Government Policy on a Rebellious and Freedom Loving People...  Hilarity ensues...)  But  I will be thinking about it over the next few days.  Once I get the ball rolling, it is easier to chip away at the story one chapter at a time.

Making Bubbles. 
Peaceful, free-floating bubbles...
So in the mean time,  I went out to blow bubbles with my latest Solution/ mixture.   The sun has not been helping much as it dries out the bubbles too quickly.   Even then, they still manage to travel a long distance if the wind is right.  I slight breeze is best as all I have to do is stand still and watch the bubbles float away.  So peaceful!  So calming...  I think everyone should take time out of their busy life and make time for bubbles...  But that is just me... the Creepy Bubble Guy.

Kid with a Nerf gun arrives. 

Next thing you know...
He'll be joining he Nerf Militia!
Although I tried to avoid it,   several of my bubbles floated over to the  neighbor's side of the apartment and the Kid ( Who is not my friend!)   saw them.   Eventually, he came out with his Nerf gun to shoot at my beautiful, peaceful bubbles.  He is only 5 and already learning how to destroy things with his gun!    Back in the day, we waited until we were at least 8!   And eventually we took a "Hunter's Safety" class so we could learn to kill safely.  The kids these days are always in a hurry to grow up for some reason....

While we were  making and destroying pretty bubbles,  we happened upon a VERY LARGE spider.  I don't know about you, but Spiders FREAK ME OUT!   They give me the creepy crawlies and I try my best to avoid them.   The neighbor kid was also freaked out by it.  He recently got stung twice by a bee and was not eager to explore the Insect or Arachnid Kingdom.   And so... for this reason,   We decided to catch it.

I enlisted the kids help, even though we are not friends.   I explained that he had to eventually overcome his fear of bugs by catching and handling this one ...while I took pictures.

And that way, I could keep a safe distance away.   It really was  for my safety, after all.  I won't deny it.   Besides,  kids are strong and adventurous.  They bounce back from bug bites  and nightmares better than us old folks.  Plus they do not have as much time and energy invested in life as the older generation.   So they should take the greatest risk.   

I explained this all to him and I think he was listening...  So it all worked out.

Time to let him go.  " Hey Kid!" 
You have small hands..  Reach in there
and pull him out. 
Eventually ,  we snapped our photos and released it a safe distance away from the building and from me.   I explained that killing spiders causes it to rain.  And even though we need the rain here at the moment, it probably is not required  since I just watered the tomatoes. .


The heat rises so fast!
So that is all for today.  There is a high probability for an evening Bike ride.   Exercise and stuff, after all.    I'm not looking forward to it in the heat.   Sure, the mornings are fine, but the evenings are hot and humid.   But having laid about all afternoon,   ( when we were not blowing bubbles or chasing spiders)  I'm sure I could use the activity.    Hope everyone is having a great day so far.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The kid smiles at you...he must like you more than you like him:) I am not fond of spiders...we had a Wolf Spider that came in the house one day...it was HUGE! :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails