Saturday, August 8, 2020

Welcome! To The Middle Of The Movie!


I started out so happy. 
Somewhere along the way, I lost
that red hair. 
A milestone has been reached!  One Half of a century of life has been mostly experienced.... by me.  And since I plan on living to be one hundred years old,  this is the official half way point.   (I don't think 100 years is a difficult goal  to reach and plan for...  Lots of people live to be 100 years old!)   And I plan on being one of them! 
Cheryl Baked a Cake! 
With Mushrooms! 
I was thinking.... Instead of posting another "Birthday Post" where I lament on what I have lost while getting old....  I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on what I currently have!  For instance:  The Silver Bullet Subaru!

My Fortune in Silver!
Subie Beats them ALL!
Yes,  most men of my age would take this moment and purchase an expensive new car.. to celebrate surviving this long.  They call it a "Mid-Life Crisis" purchase.  ( It happens at 30 as well... for those people who only plan to live to 60 or something...) But I have a 2003 Subaru LEGACY!  Next to the WRX or maybe an STI,  The Legacy is the perfect vehicle for me.  It has 325,000 miles and continues to truck along like a champ.  Still looks great!  And has working Air conditioning.   Reliable, dependable, and Loyal, it has every quality I desire in a car or a dog!  I could not possibly love this car more if it had a floppy ears, a furry hood, or a wagging tail. 

Cheryl...  She married me. 
And she runs...  in case I never
mentioned it before. 
Next:  Cheryl!   I know I don't mention her much on the blog, but I married the most perfect wife ever!  ( Well,  for me anyway...)   She is not too "Girly" and not to "Man-ish".  She is just right... Like Goldie Locks... without the gold hair.   She likes adventure, the great outdoors, and soap.  Sometimes she bakes things.   Oh!    She can sew stuff too.   Who wouldn't want a wife like that?  She is hard working, short,  and she runs... a lot!   She is like living with a dog, only way better!   ( She doesn't bark!)   In fact,  I could not possibly love her more even if she had  muddy paws, I wet nose,  or a slobbery tongue.   ( Cheryl added other things about dogs that are not very nice...   She doesn't bite)

Hiro and Leo. 
Neighbor's cats.  Rocket and Oreo.
And last..  the cat(s)!   We currently have 4 that think they own us... but in reality,  two are from the neighbors and one is the "Part-Timer"   Only showing up at night to sleep inside.  Our only true cat is Hiro.... and He is great.  All of the cats are great!  They like to play, cuddle, get pets and eat food.  Sometimes they sleep on our face, eat our food, and bother us to be let outside in the early morning hours.  Hiro will actually roll over for treats!  ( Sometimes... not much anymore though..) It is like having a dog... only way better!  In fact... actually,  they are furry,  sometimes flip their tails, and will bother you for pets and cuddles.  So they are actually a lot a dog too!

Gift? 
Hiro Helps. 
So,  I already have everything I need to be happy in my life!  I'm doing far better than I thought I would by this age.  I'm not living in my parent's basement ( .....Anymore.),  and I'm not living in a van down by the river.  (Subaru does not make a van...) We do live in a very small 2 bedroom apartment in the middle of now where, Iowa...  But things could be and have been worse!
Cake!  Birthday Essential. 

It's carrot cake with
Mushrooms on top. 



To celebrate this fine day,  Cheryl bought me gifts several weeks ago... and baked me a cake.  I did not know this because Cheryl is in control of the money and she receives stuff from Amazon and Fed Ex all the time.  I lost my good sunglasses several weeks ago,  and she got them replaces.

Cheryl approves my
pixelation. 
Colorful Jersey!  Biking essential. 
She also bought me a new jersey for cycling. ( Loud colors are a requirement while biking!)  and some Dr. Squash soap.  ( Because soap is also a requirement.. after biking!)







Soap!   Biking essential. 
Boletes!  For those "Hard to ID"
edibles...
And lastly,  another Mushroom book.   She said she had it in the closet for a month.  It would have been handy in Identifying those odd Boletes we found in the nature area several weeks ago.   I will be very excited to key out new found species in the future. 

So, I was not expecting a party, or gifts... but it appears it happened that way.   No people over, which is good.  ( I don't like people very much...Oh!  And that Virus thing... )   But cake, Muscatine, Tee's visit, and presents... are pretty much a nice cherry on top.   Most of the best things in life are free... Or found in the forest.   Or cost less than $10!  ( I have no proof on that last one, but if you think hard, I'm sure you will find an example somewhere.)  I pretty much have everything a person who does not have a dog needs... Except a dog, I guess.   (And those things bark and bite.. according to Cheryl.)   Thanks for stopping in.



2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Best wishes for another 50 years...you look quite dashing in your new shirt...very colorful! Leave it to Cheryl to bake a cake with mushrooms on it! Way to go...she is a keeper for sure and she runs too! Good fireworks! :)

Jon said...

Congratulations on your milestone birthday! I have no doubt you'll make it to 100.
Judging from this enjoyably informative post, you have a great life. If Cheryl doesn't bark or bite, I'd say she's a perfect wife.
And your descriptions of the cats are right on target (I know from experience).

By the way, your new sunglasses and biking jersey look great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails