Thursday, August 27, 2020

More Murals.

Slight mist on the pavement,
Helps it stick. 
After the last chalk dust adventure,  I decided to continue my journey through the Artistic World Of Mural Making by attempting to draw something out of the sun.  I was not too keen on the last sunburn part of the last project...  so  I decided to wait until the sun was on the other side of the building and work on the front doorstep.

All dry,  Patio Furniture back,
Hopefully it will last..
Well, the concrete was certainly better and easier to work with.   I also discovered a new technique of dampening the sidewalk before, during and after the project is complete.   I think the theory is that the water will force the chalk dust to settle into the cracks and crevices so the color will not fade as fast or blow away.  ( Like the last mural's problem.)

Lion in the Park. 
When you apply water is I guess a matter of preference.   I experimented with all techniques except the "soaking of the Chalk" technique.  That just breaks down your chalk too quickly.

I hope, with a little protection from the rain,  it will last longer than the first mural.   And maybe people will enjoy it a bit.
Lion Complete. 

With that success,  I decided to take my talent on the road!   We walked down to the park and decided to put something in a slightly more public place. ( That still had shade...)  I set up shop in one of the picnic, common areas that had a cover over the top.  Bonus!  The Concrete was even more polished than our front doorstep.
It should be protected from the rain. 

With the entire world of possibilities,   I chose a lion.  I also considered a Dragon, but chose lion  for no real reason....  That is the problem with having a blank canvass (Or slab of Concrete) and no project in mind.   The possibilities are paralyzing!




Too hot to run in Muscatine. 
Shorter miles, no evening Bike ride. 
Eh...  What are you going to do?    I figured it was good enough and called it a day.   It is unbearably hot these days.   Even in the shade!    Cheryl and I have been skipping our evening bike ride.   And Cheryl still ended up walking for part of her morning run.   She is dealing with a niggle in her knee and I have been dealing with a gimpy ankle.  Part of the aging process, I guess.

Leo the Lion, in a Vanilla Camera Filter...  Nice!
Hope everyone is surviving the Heat Wave.   Leo the "Part-Timer Cat"  had been missing for two days now.   He usually arrives at 8-9 pm like like clockwork.  But Cheryl and I are guessing his "Other Home" is keeping him inside due to the heat advisory.  ( We don't actually know if there is another house he frequents, but we are hopeful.)  There is rain in the forecast... maybe it will actually happen and trigger the Late fall Mushrooms.   I would not mind looking for some...  it seems like such a long time ago.   And I would not mind cooler temps and cloudier conditions...  My plants are shriveling up in this heat and endless sun.     Fingers Crossed for some milder weather.  Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow I am Impressed! Hope your sunburn is healing! Hot and humid here too:(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails