Monday, October 26, 2020

Stockings and Snow.

 The verdict is in and we kind of had a big day today.   I believe there were 25 orders but several of them were sidelined as people made special requests.   I have to wait for Cheryl to sort things out before I can show them pictures, ask them questions... yadda yadda.   So!  In the few moments I have between conversations, I figured I would post some on the blog. 

Well...  It snowed again today!  Not too much, but with the high around 29 degrees, it appears most of it is not melting as it did last time.   I think Des Moines actually had several inches last time that lasted a couple days.    Here in Wellman,  most of the snow was gone by the end of the day.. followed by a 70 degree day..  and now it is back in the 20's.   Yeah Iowa. Perhaps it will be an early/ long winter this year. 




I don't mind too much as long as the winter is mild.  Moderate.... Not too snowy, not too cold.   How about simply a "nice" winter....  one that smiles and is friendly to everyone.   Cars, cows, cats and humans..  Everyone.  The Farm Report says we need the water in these parts.    


 I can imagine they are rooting for more snow.   That is fine.. as long as it does not lead to more floods.   Gees!  I'm starting to sound like a farmer!


So it looks like Iowa has finally rubbed off onto us.  Maybe.   It certainly is not a terrible place to live, although I do complain about things from time to time.  I'm hoping that the early cold and snow will trigger a Christmas Rush earlier this year.   We could certainly use the business after a year of Pandemics and Election hype.  Fingers crossed everyone will be wanting a stocking and will NOT wait until December to order. 


By the way,  Halloween is coming soon and there has been snow on the ground twice so far this year.   I always thought that the threat of snow on Halloween was only a Minnesota thing.   Those Minnesotans would Brag about it!    Back in Michigan,  I think we never had snow on Halloween.   We could dress up as any creature, character or monster and not have to throw a huge jacket over the top.  I mean, How scary is a ghost or vampire if you see he is wearing a snowmobile suit?!?

At least we did not run today, so we could stay on top of the orders.   From the sound of Cheryl's profanity,  it sounds like we are almost done for the day.  And then we will be able to relax.... at least for a little while.  Perhaps if there is time,  I will attempt to fold something.   We shall see.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got a tiny bit of snow! I suppose if it looks like Christmas people will shop:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails