Sunday, January 24, 2021

Arts And Crafts With Cat Toys.

 Being in a rather "creative slump" lately,  I have fallen back on the simple, "tried and true" things I usually do to keep boredom at bay.   Origami and home made cat toys! 


I can tell that things are not as they should be by my origami.   If the folding goes well, the universe is perfectly aligned and happiness ensues.  But if the folding is a struggle,  frustrating, and turns out to be disastrous....  Then things are out of balance. It is a zen thing. 

Yesterday was a disaster.  But today...  Much better!   I folded two Origami roses and they mostly look "OK."   Mostly....

The Original Progression of a cat wand.

But to distract myself from sub-standard origami attempts,  I chose to repair a few of the cat toys that the cats have mauled over Christmas.   The evolution...  or should I say:  Devolution!  Of the cat toys is like this:   They start out with feathers and a bell.  (The cats mostly like the wands, because I have to do all of the work to make them appear alive.)  The bells are torn off almost immediately.   Then the feathers.   Finally,   just a few fluffy nubs are left.   Time to make some improvements! 

This ought to work!

I may have overdid it a bit.  The feathers are from the Canadian Geese that bother us during our runs.   The shed their feathers during the Spring nesting time and I pick up as many as I can carry.   Mostly for the cats, but sometimes just for other things to play around with.  ( They make great paint brushes and glue spreaders!   The DNR uses them for mixing  Salmon eggs in the hatchery  during fertilization.) 

At least Rocket likes it. 
(Rocket likes everything...)

Cheryl says it looks like the cats have caught a Hawk!  The wind resistance makes it difficult to capture their motion sense.   But the scraping on the rug really captures their noise attunement. ( Yes!  It is a real word!   Even though Spell Check does not like it.) At least Rocket likes it enough. 




2 inches of snow today.
 
Cheryl does the shoveling.

In other news:  It snowed today.   We ran 7 miles,   And Cheryl continues to put Puzzles together with the help of the three cats.  

Cheryl enjoys "Puzzle Time" with the cats.

 (I stopped helping her three puzzles ago....)  She has upgraded to the 1000 piece puzzle as she was finishing the 500 piece ones in a single day.   ( Even without my help!)  Nice to see she has extra energy to burn off.   At least it keeps her busy and away from dangerous internet purchases. 

Hope everyone is having a fine day today.   Tomorrow they are predicting a winter storm for our area.   Good times! If we are lucky, it will miss us and we will be allowed to continue to run without a snow drift or whiteout  affliction.   At least the Temps are back in the mid 30's.  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice repair on the cat toys! I hear you might get a storm that is missing us...I think it is getting Mpls St paul and I smile:)

Val Ewing said...

I was hoping the storm would bear north to give us some fresh stuff. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.
Charlie, our dog, loves feathers and picks up turkey feathers, crow feathers, and any other bird feathers he can find. He chews on them and spits them out. Ick.
The cat toys look great.
Oh and I admire anyone who can do origami! Looks fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails