Saturday, January 30, 2021

Snowman Day!

Snowman Weather!

There is a winter storm predicted today.   Currently... it is raining outside. The temps are slightly above he freezing point and the snow was "packy."   A great day for a Snowman.

Look in the Mirror!  Kids!


Now, last time,   The neighbor brat... I mean "kid"  decided it would be a great idea to knock my beautiful arctic sculpture down... with the help of the "other neighborhood kid."  ( Who, I'm sure, will get all of the blame for the destructive plot.)   I knew the risk!   But proceed anyway.   Because artist must make art... or die!  And I'm too young to die simply because I could not make a snowman. 

Run!  Eric and Ethan, Run!

But his mother assured me that he was not to go near the sculpture.   Or she would "kill him"  or something.   (Some form of "bodily harm", I was assured.)   I won't hold my breath.   Parents are far more lenient on their kids these days than my mother ever was on me and my brother.  ( She really WOULD try to Kill us!)  Good thing we could dodge the projectiles and outrun her. But I digress...

Great Looking Hair!  Who is your Barber?

The snow was the perfect level of "Sculptabability."  (It's a real word...   Even though Spell-check hates it.)   I was able to make him 4 snowballs high.   That is like "dog years"... only for snow men!  (I'll let you follow the logic of that one. )   I was able to sculpt the face slightly better this time since the temps were hovering around 32 degrees. 

Playing the "Snow Broom."

The weather is predicted to rise a little... then drop.   But they changed the prediction from yesterday.   I guess now we are going to get a deep freeze.   With a little luck,  the snowman might be able to last a while this time if no kids knock him down.   Fingers crossed. 

He is pretty tall
Almost as tall as me!  (I'm the guy on the left..)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know the pictures do not really show how tall he is... But he is only slightly shorter than me.   ( Yes, it is a snow man.  Trust me on this one.   Don't let the hair fool you.   I don't really want to prove my position since that would be creepy and disturbing.)  

Cheryl the puzzle expert.
Not really our cats!  Rocket and Leo.

Otherwise,  we went to Muscatine today and did not run.  Cheryl has been running on a hurt leg for the last few days and today, she needed a break.   But the Pizza was good and it is always fun to drive the Subie to the river.    As for me..  the rest of the night I will probably be a bum and play my video game while Cheryl plays with her puzzles.    I'm sure if I ever get bored,  I will be able to play with one or more of the cats.  ( Two of them are not really ours.... but don't tell them that...)  

"Rockin' On" in a Winter Paradise!

Hope everyone is ready for the deep freeze that is about to hit.   Or the snow....  Or possibly the warmer weather!  Who really knows here in Iowa.   I always think the weather channel is simply throwing darts at the wall when they make predictions.  Fingers crossed for half-way decent weather, regardless.   Thanks for stopping in.

4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

That is the most awesome-est snow man ever!
I can recall as a kid that my mom made a snow horse in our yard one time.
If the snow is good ... maybe I'll try a snow dog?
I hope Cheryl's leg sure heals up quickly.
Oh..I have no idea what we will get for weather.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice snowman! You did great sure hope he lasts! :) Freezing rain here:(

Jon said...

This is a great post. Your snowman creation is fantastic. I just hope you won't have to build a wall around it to keep the undesirables away. I've always disliked children, even when I was a child - - and some of them are more devious nowadays than ever.
I prefer cats.....

Jenny Woolf said...

I just couldn't make a snowman like that. I always try but my snowmen always end up looking like lumps of snow with twigs stuck in them. Luckily we don't have too much snow around here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails