Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Snow Storm and Cats.

Subie COVERED in snow!


 We got about 8 inches of snow dumped on us yesterday.   I say "about"... Because the howling wind blew most of it into tall drifts  while leaving other areas with minimal coverage.  Wouldn't it be awesome if the wind would blow all of the snow off of the sidewalks, trails, and roads while piling up the drifts in the middle of a cornfield somewhere!   That would be awesome.   But.... It'll never happens.   If Mother Nature ever listened to me,  things would be so much better.  

Misery Mistress
Plowed trail, but still slippery.

We decided to run anyway.  Because...   Cheryl.   She does a lot of things that do not make a whole lot of sense.   ( including marrying me!)  With the wind blowing and the temps plummeting,  we made it a short run day.   Even though the sidewalks looked plowed, they were still covered with just enough loose snow to make things slippery.  Just one too many misery variables to make it a worth while experience. 

Cats muscling me out of my seat.
I barely have room to type!

Back home,   in the small 600 sq ft apartment in Wellman, Iowa,   I snuggled up with three cats on our small IKEA loveseat.   Actually,  they take over the majority of the space, leaving me only the left shoulder and  one half butt-cheek of seating to type my blog.   Even that is not enough, as Rocket ( not really our cat)  has to lop on the keyboard while I type. 

Cat helping with Puzzle.
  It is moments like this when I wish Cheryl was more of a cat person.   Heck!  I would accept an "Animal Person" of any persuasion....  as long as she managed to take a cat or two off my space.   Things would be so much more perfect.


Not much else is going on currently.   Cheryl is "puzzle-less" for this evening,  meaning I will probably have to entertain her as well.   Hey!  I have things to do too, you know.  I can't entertain three cats AND my wife all at the same time.   There are video games to play and blog posts that have to be written.  I'm a busy man!

The only hills you find in Iowa...

Hope everyone is enjoying the deep freeze.   ( At least it is dropping here in Iowa for the moment.)  Not sure if the snow is done, but it appears nice and sunny outside as I'm writing this.  Sometimes I think the bears and groundhogs have the right idea to simply sleep their way through the winter.  Wish we could all do the same since there is not much you can do this time of year unless you ski, sled, or ice skate.  But to do those things requires hills, snow and  large bodies of water.  Three things Iowa seems to lack...  most of the time.  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet the cats get in trouble with the puzzle! You have more snow than we do but we are real cold. Barely above 0 today:(

Val Ewing said...

Uff. That was a lot of snow! Yes it does make things slippery and a bit dicey for footing. Do you still ride your bike to follow?
I love the photo of the 'cat pile' ! They sure look content.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails