Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Stockings Wind down, Wind Winding Up! Cheryl's Major Award.

Well, after two days of steady stockings,   things are finally winding down.   We had 30 on Sunday, 20 yesterday and only 8 today.  I just finished up a last minute straggler, so we are officially all caught up for the night.   Yeah!  

I guess the memo is out that stockings purchased after today have a high risk of not arriving on time.   So sales have slowed a LOT!  Which is ok, because normally we close the shop at this time anyway. However, since the sales are down from last year, Cheryl has decided to keep the shop open at this time.   We shall see if there are complaints.  Lots of folks who wait till the last minute are "unrealistic" in their expectations about Hand made Christmas Items and their Delivery. There is very little that can be done about those people.  But there are still others who still want a stocking and understand they will not get it by Christmas.    We like those people, and will work a little harder to get it to them as soon as possible.   Fingers crossed we get more like that.

If you have not heard by now, a major Tornado blew threw the area south of us.  They are predicting that high winds will happen tomorrow.  Not funnel cloud stuff, but rather the "straight line winds that blow over trees and tip over trucks on the highway."   One of the joys of living in a state that borders the Great Plains.  Today was mild and warm,  Temps up in the 60's!  In December!?!  And the trend is supposed to last till tomorrow. What a great time for a long run!


Best to get those long runs in while the weather is "nice".  Cheryl does not like this weather for running, but I do.   And what could possibly be more important than my comfort while riding along side on the bike?     I imagine the nice temps will be offset by my battles with the wind.   Riding bike while facing a strong gusty head wind is plenty of misery for me, so no need to add any additional trouble. 

And finally,   Cheryl won a major award.   The Fillipenes....Fedipe-tees.. Phedip-pee-`dees...  Phidippides  Award for spending the most money on a self congratulatory trinket. I mean.. Award!  That is correct,   you sign up, hand over your hard earned Stocking money at the beginning of the year, and then run the randomly determined distances in that year and you get a nice little plague that tells you that you are awesome.   How cool is that?  This will come in handy in your Old age, when you can't remember things....

 I noticed I didn't' get one, though.   I guess you have to be a runner? Or something....   Maybe there is one for cyclist?  But would I even really want to spend my money on such a thing.  Being a frugal Scrooge, AND secure enough in my Manhood... I doubt it.  Who needs an award when I have the blog to tell myself how awesome I am... 

Wait!  What now???


Besides, I'm sure Cheryl will buy me something nice for Christmas. 

Hiro Naps in the Stockings.


So that is all for now.  Only a couple of weeks left before Christmas, so will have to start working on my End of Year Pet Stocking Post...  I have been asking for lots of pics this year, so I hope there will be lots to show off.   We will find out in the coming days.   IN the mean time,   Stay warm, Stay safe, and Don't get Blown away by the epic winds!   

Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

The epic winds do sound as though they will be bad and they are even warning folks to stay out of the woods! I'll spend the day securing things and making sure our critters have shelter in a safe-ish place.

Looks like you both are doing well. I wouldn't want to run or bike in heavy gusty winds!

Jon said...

Thanks for another enjoyable post. It's unseasonably warm here in TN - 65 degrees yesterday. I hope those nasty winds stay away from you (I like that pic of the cat hanging onto the tree...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails