Saturday, December 18, 2021

"Tis The Season!

A Joyful Holiday Drink!

  For Tom and Jerrys!
No, Not the cat or Mouse... I'm talking about the drink.   I have given up ( not really) on Eggnog. That stuff will kill you!  With its addictive qualities, high sugar, and high cholesterol... I have decided that that brand of holiday happiness is best left for the young and invulnerable.  I have graduated to the Old man Drink called the "Tom and Jerry".

Garnish with Nutmeg.

What is a Tom and Jerry?  You ask?  I have certainly written about their joys before in this blog.  This year, I managed to score 4 tubs of the stuff from Muscatine HyVee.  Because they are the only ones who make  the batter.  I could make my own, but that is a messy and Egg Heavy method I would rather leave to the "Pros" in the Deli section.  It certainly is good enough to enjoy on a cold wintery day.  I am on my second one and already feel very happy.   Mostly because while at Hyvee, we picked up a bottle of Spiced Rum to add to the concoction.  Nothing says Holidays like adding a few Spirits to the Mix. 

Today, the stockings continue to trickle in.  We are currently up to five orders, but since they will not go out until Monday, Cheryl has decided to take the day off and run a 10 miler in Muscatine.   It was a pleasant enough day to do so.   Cold enough... for the runner. ( not me, but who cares about my comfort levels?)   She managed to complete them all without any complaints, crashes, or foul language.  I count that as a win.  

You could also say that she has been slowly integrating her new stolen strategy by adding an energy drink into the equation.   These things have only 10 calories, but a large amount of caffeine?  I don't really know. I don't do drugs..  Or Steroids, Or performance enhancing, yet still legal, caffeinated beverages.  Unless you count coffee in that mix...   Which I certainly do have a weakness for.   Hey!  Everyone has their vice,  Who am I to judge? 

Back to the Issue.  Cheryl completed her 10.5 mile run and we celebrated at Tees.   Tee's is still open! So it figures we would take advantage of the opportunity.  Especially with Christmas almost fully behind us.   Only one more week! 

Christmas is almost safely behind us!

I should also mention that we worked well into the night last night to finish any of the last minute add-ons for the stockings.   The folks paid for express shipping, so we owe it to them to get the stockings in the mail as soon as possible.  But now...  people have to be realistic with the expectations.  Chances are, you are NOT going to get it in time for Christmas if you have waited until this weekend to order.  Some people know this and order anyway.  They are nice enough to tell us they do not care if it arrives til after Christmas.   These are the people we are have remained open for.  Hopefully,  they are the ones who will continue to show up and order things. 

Time to relax.  I have big origami plans for this evening,  but the Holiday Spirits of Tom and Jerry have hit me and I will most likely  spend the rest of the relaxing and playing around on You tube.  We shall see.  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Weekend so far.  And if you have ever had a Tom and Jerry.. Leave me a comment.   Am I the only one who enjoys these little gems of Deliciousness?   I first had one in Minnesota... Thanks for stopping in.


4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

No I have not had one and I had a friend posting about the Tom & Jerry drink but I had NO idea what she was talking about.
Interesting!

Enjoy!

L. D. said...

My diabetes has taken me off all good things that have sugar in them. I loved eggnog, the thicker and the sweeter the better. Anyway, I see you keep cranking out quality stockings. You two make a lot of people very happy. It reminds me of when we ran a framing business and everyone tried to bring pictures in for framing five days before Christmas. I have never heard of a Tom and Jerry but I did watch a lot of their cartoons repeatedly while a kid. Hang in there the two of you.

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Far Side of Fifty said...

I had one...I didn't like it at all. A neighbor would mix up a big bowl full...uffda...she liked them just fine:(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails