Sunday, February 27, 2022

12 Miles With Eagles. And The First Robin Of The Year.

That is correct!  The first Robin in Iowa... as Seen by me.  Does his mean it is the first?  I doubt it.  They fly into Iowa starting around February all the time.  In fact, I think they are a little late this year.  I should have been staking out the Crabapple Tree in the neighbor's yard if I really wanted to see them early.  But alas... I just waited until one hopped out onto the trail as we did our usual morning run.  

Yesterday,  Cheryl ran her last long run before the big Marathon.  12 miles!  Sure, we were supposed to have run it on Tuesday, but it snowed and then got cold...  And we had already ran 10 miles on Sunday and Monday.... So better late than never, right?  

At least the path was better today.  And the cold continues... in the morning.  Currently the temps tell us that it is hovering in the low 50's.   Kind of nice.  But it is rapidly dropping as I write this and the sun sets.  

In addition to Robins, the Eagles continue to grace us here in Iowa.   https://themidnightcarver.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-snow-runner-eagles-and-now-deer.htmlThey have not congregated  in large groups as they have done in the past, but occasionally I get one that camps out near the trail as Cheryl runs by.  I did not slow down for a really great shot because whenever I do that, they fly away.   I should be happy I got the pic that I did. 

And finally,  I folded my last origami Dragon for the Gym.  Today was out last day there and if the weather continues to get nicer, we will save our money and begin walking outside in the park.  Besides, I'm sure they are getting bored of the Origami Table by now anyway.   And no one wants to tell me to stop, for fear of hurting my feelings or something.   Either way, I hope they like the Origami Wyvern. (Two legged Dragon... with a stingy tail...) It was supposed to be able to hang on a glass or cup or something, but I did not adjust the legs properly.  Still, I think it turned out pretty good with wet folded card stock paper.  ( thicker paper)  with only one small tear in the back. 

Tomorrow we pack up the car and head south.   Once we settle into the hotel, I will check back in.  Hopefully with pics or stories of excitement and adventure.  ( Not bad ones!)  Happy Sunday!  And Thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

Great green dragon for sure.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A Robin!!! Nice looking dragon!

Val Ewing said...

Good luck on the trip. No Robins here yet!

Love the dragon, you are talented!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails