Friday, February 25, 2022

Running In The Snow. Apprentice Cats and Dragons

It snowed last night.   I think around 2 inches... maybe more in some areas.   The cold has certainly stuck around as well.   All these things conspire to make running a challenge for Cheryl.   At least the wind was not too bad this morning.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to warm up a bit.  And if the Parks people get on the sidewalks, the running path might be clear once again.  But at the time of our run this morning,  most of the path was only partially plowed.   And some sections were not plowed at all! 

But the sun came out and began melting things. Iowa is funny in that the sun can melt thing even with temps hovering below the 20 degree mark.  As long as the sun is actually shining...

Upon arriving home, I was able to finally finish my Oriental Dragon that I have been working on over he last several days.  I first attempted one in normal paper before moving on to Foil Paper.   The finished  green one is to my liking.  

The Mount Olympus Version.

Granted, it is not as difficult as the Ryujin that famously prowls on the internet .  Folded by Kamiya Satoshi,  This is a single sheet of paper.  And only takes about 30 hours to fold...  IF you know what you are doing!

The version I have been working on is a Dragon called Shinlong folded by Liên Quốc Đạt.   His version is created from dollar bills, so you can fold it using rectangled paper pieces.  It certainly is easier to handle.. and Takes a LOT less time.  

He has several version that I would like to tackle in the future.  Perhaps I will fold one using real money....  We shall see about that.   In the mean time, I will work on scaled and more complicated heads for future improvements. 

Rocket when he wants cuddles.

By the way, the cats are notorious for "helping" when I fold.  Even now, I have Rocket on my lap, preventing me from typing easily.

Highly Suspicious activity...

Last night, I found Rocket  and Leo on my paper staging area, looking very suspicious.  

TGIF!  Hope everyone is staying warm and ready for the weekend.   I would not mind if the temps climbed up a bit, and some of those snow disappeared.   Thanks for stopping in.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow that is a beauty of a dragon!!!

Val Ewing said...

That green dragon is amazing!
I am all thumbs when it comes to that.

Hopefully the trails will be clear for you today!

L. D. said...

That dragon is amazing to see. I can't imagine how many folds it took to get all the textures. Wow! Our snow is melting today, Sat.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I've always admired origami but never tried it for myself. Your dragon looks great :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails