Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Warmer.... 15 Miles! With More Origami.

Another cold morning, but things are warming up.   Cheryl completed her 15 mile run this morning without any Hitches, Switches or "Complaining!"   Meaning: The longer runs are getting easier.   That is  a pretty good thing. 

Her times were fairly solid and she worked on her mid-race fueling one last time. Overall, it was pretty easy compared to several months ago.  And this will be her last long run before the race. ( I think... Tapering and all that stuff that runners  do to prepare for race day.)  The Marathon is coming up soon.   I'm still a little fuzzy on the detail.   Just point me in the right direction and tell me what to do.   That is my motto.

Cheryl said I could use her Photo Box for some origami pictures.   The last pictures of the Caribou turned out so bad that I dug the photo box out of the shed and dragged it inside just for a single model.  Plus, I have been wanting to try it out before Cheryl throws it away for "non-use".    

The backgrounds are white, black, gray and brown.  I did not try the brown one, but that might look better if I have the right paper.   As it was, I folded the dragon out of a duo colored paper that fades to purple. Probably not the best choice, but I had a lot of it and figured I might as well use it up.  Currently, the dragon is at the YMCA on the designated "Origami Table".   We shall see how long it lasts.  

Tomorrow is Wednesday.   $1 Pizza day at the Kum and Go!  I think Cheryl said we will only run 4 miles and do some errands.   I should probably change the oil and wash the Subie before we leave.  Especially if it turned out to be another nice day like it was today.  ( nice, meaning mid 40's.)   But for now... Time to Relax.

Thanks for stopping in.

4 comments:

L. D. said...

Yes, a purple dragon. I was wondering if you would get the paper out during the winter after the stockings run. The wind still was cold and we melted some.

Susan Zarzycki said...

It seems you and your wife have vastly different hobbies!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Impressive dragon!

Val Ewing said...

Love the dragon very cool. You know I love dragons ... and I admire Cheryl's running!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails