Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Spring Time Snow In Iowa.

The Snow begins. 
Snow is beginning to accumulate. 
 It just started snowing a few hours ago, and already the back yard is covered.  It certainly has been cold enough.  Cheryl said that there is supposed to be rain tomorrow,  but it looks like it has turned to snow. (Not predicted by the Weather man!)  Good thing we got our run in this morning.

Cheryl ready to run.. before the snow. 
Funny Place for a goose.
Speaking of running/biking.  We did go to Iowa City this morning to the Trueblood Trail.  There were certainly a lot of people out this morning.  Seems being cooped up inside has started to erode people's sense of survival.   Well,  I personally think that getting outside is part of a healthy mind and spirit.  I think a brisk walk around the lake better than holing up and hiding out in your apartment.

Blue Teal Duck. 

There were not any Eagles out on the trail today, but there are plenty of Geese and ducks.  I thought that this one on the Train Bridge was an interesting picture opportunity.   There were also a few different species of duck.  Blue Winged Teal right next to Mallards.  I guess the Immigration is finally getting underway.


Some Origami Models. 
I spent the majority of the afternoon  folding some origami for my next stop animation project.   I have been watching a few You Tube videos and I think I might have a bit more ambition than many of the amateur videos out there.  I hope I will be able to pull it off with a bit of polish and flare.  We shall see. 

Snow on the Cat.

Looks like the outdoor cats are covered with snow  It continues to fall and I don't have time to snap another picture, but the yard is mostly white now.    I was hoping the snow would be done this late in the year.   I'm not sure how this will effect our runs in the future,  but Cheryl has hinted that she might take a day off in the future.  Running in the rain is never very fun to begin with.

Even more Accumulation. 
But Cheryl has also been dealing with a case of Poison ivy. Since it is a little early to be thinking about  Poison Ivy season,  but it appears Cheryl might have picked it up from a pair of summer shorts that had some poison ivy oil on it.   She washes them religiously, but apparently that Poison Ivy oil is stubborn.

Hopefully she will get over it soon enough.   I'm a little suspicious about our"green" laundry soap and it's ability to dissolve the oil, because I got a spot on my arm and Cheryl has been getting outbreaks on her ankles and other parts for months now.  If we could only see what clothing has the oil on it, we could concentrate on that item and stop the itching.  Poison Ivy is never very fun. 

Well,  Stay safe,  Stay apart,  and thanks for stopping in.  And avoid Poison Ivy!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We had snow last night also! Looks like an interesting project you are folding. We live so far in the boonies that we see no one even when walking! Well maybe my brother. Stay safe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails