Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Folding Frogs, Flowers, Films and Now... Fish!

The evolution of my folding seems to have only one thing in common.   Mostly, I just try to find some form of inspiration to motivate me to do something.  I never seem to know what I will  find interesting at any given time.

But yesterday I was thinking about fish.   Koi, specifically.   However,  while paging around in one of my books,  I found a few tropical models that I had not folded in a long time.   And what better way to spruce things up around here than with a brightly colored tropical fish theme.   We shall see how far I can go with it.

But there are also a few things that do not start with the letter "F".... Like the Origami Bull.   Occasionally, an Origami dragon or some other creature.   Not always successful....

Coralville trail. 

Workers are extending the trail! 
In the mean time,   Cheryl and I have been trying to enjoy the great outdoors as much as we can.   I never thought that the Great Outdoors would get as crowded as it has become.  For this reason, Cheryl wanted to check out Coralville  trail just to see if there were less people out walking/running.  Turns out,  we stumbled upon a familiar face from work.   I stopped to chat with her for a second ( keeping a 6ft distance)  and she was walking with her kid who just got back from the Peace Corp.  Turns out she was being "quarantined" for two weeks to make sure she did not have the virus from overseas.  ( Hooray!)   This kind of freaked Cheryl out....
Back to Trueblood. 

So,  to avoid people who "may have been exposed" ( which is EVERYONE)   we went back to Trueblood.   Trueblood was also crowded, but at least there were no people there that we knew.   AND there were no people wearing masks and being quarantined... ( That we know of...)
Flood gates are down. 
Rather busy here too! 
And at least the sun was shining!  And we have been washing our hands and distancing our selves from people.  I was never a very close talker or "hugger" for that matter.  Social distancing is a great concept as it finally gets everyone else on the same page as Cheryl and myself!    Too many people are "Too Friendly" if you ask me..

No playing in the park. 
 Speaking of washing hands....I have never washed my hands so often!  It is becoming  rather annoying since I rarely wash my hands unless they are actually dirty!  But,  Cheryl has been rather militant about the process every time I go outside.   ( Which is slightly more often than her.)

When Cheryl washes hands.
When  I wash hands.... 
 Lately she has forced me to leave the outside door open so no one has to touch the handle to open it.  Also, the open door clears out the air in the hallway.  Possibly a small step to keep the upstairs neighbors from contaminating us and the laundry area.  The only down side is that the outdoor cats can come inside the hall whenever they want.   They are usually well behaved, but I don't want them getting too comfortable inside our apartment hallway.
Live Life like a Cat... 

Ok Then...  30 more days or so.   Wash hands, Breathe deep... And try not to breathe on anyone. Better yet,  avoid people all together and we will be outside hunting for Mushrooms in no time..  Fingers crossed.   Thanks for stopping in. And stay safe!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I would have freaked out too...Quarantine must not mean staying inside to them. Scary how many more people are out there like that?

Stay safe! Another month at least we can walk here and not run into anyone:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails