Saturday, March 21, 2020

Passing The Time The Best Way We Know....

The sudden interruption to the flow of  society is not all bad. Actually,  aside from skipping HyVee on a daily basis,  we have hardly even noticed!   We continue to do the same things we always do...  Run, Bike, Fold, Pet Cats, and Drive Subie... I imagine it is a bit of a shock if you are not used to those sorts of things.   (i.e. Go to a job..)

But that is not all!  There is the News!  Like a sporting event, I watch and wait for my team to score a point on the opposition.  (No, my team is not the Corona Virus....) The Press Briefings could be considered "irritating" by some...  Or Pure Entertainment to folks like me.  I guess that tells you a little bit about how "scared" I am about this whole thing.  The biggest fear I have is if we will have a project this Summer.  And even then, I'm not entirely "concerned" as I hate working!  If you could simply go through life without needing money...




But otherwise... Run, Bike, Fold.   Today, with the colder weather around us,  we decided to head to Iowa City for the Closed Public City Trail.   Apparently,  many others were also "breaking the Law" by walking around the lake.  Just because they close the park does not mean there will be anyone there to enforce the law at this time. 

And flooding the "Bone Park"
The River is rising a bit...
There was also a little more water in the river.  Seems those heavy rains have filled up the Iowa River to just below the flood stage.   They have been predicting a bit of flooding this year already, So we should try to get our run's in while we can still reach the Dino Park on the other side of the road.  Any more rain might close off the access under the bridge.

7 Miles completed!
Plenty of Groceries in other stores.
We ran the usual 7 miles without incident.   We even wished folks a good morning as we ran by.  One thing we DID do that was a little out of the ordinary was avoid HyVee.  Chances are it was a zoo this morning.  We did stop into Nature's Grocery for some Mushroom Coffee, Hot Chocolate and eggs... Which they had plenty of.   I'm willing to bet money that if you go ANYWHERE other than Aldi's, Wallmart, and Sam's Club, you will find plenty of the supplies you are needing.  Everyone wants that "cheap" food...   Even our small grocery in town has plenty of everything. Folks are just falling for all that hype on the news.  There are no less than 10 grocery stores in Iowa City alone...  One of them will have what you need... and probably have plenty.  Don't fall for it.



Origami Yak/Water Buffalo..
And lastly,   Folding.   I have been making paper for a project I have lined up.  The last little animation gave me some ideas.. but I will need different paper to be able to pull it off.  And even then, I still have to learn a few of the ropes.  But today,  having spent most of time doing that,  I did not get to folding much.  Only a Yak/Water buffalo.  All I had was a Crease Pattern to go off of, but I think I got pretty close.
From a Crease Pattern...

And then there is the Animation.  I spent the last hour making this little thing.  Still not the best quality, but it is a longer video and I discovered the limits of that green foil paper.  The nice part is you can hardly tell where I screwed things up.  I can only imagine how fun this will be when I have a video over several minutes long... But that is the Plan!   In the mean time...  Stay safe,  Wash hands,  and enjoy the video...  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Those press briefings are entertaining - but the rude, disrespectful, condescending news media never fails to infuriate me. I'm always delighted when Trump throws the crap right back at them.
I've never heard of mushroom coffee.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cool video! That must have kept you busy for a little while! Stay safe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails