Sunday, March 8, 2020

Another Windy Day in Iowa.

No Muscatine today. 

Well,  Muscatine was a No-Go.  Seems the wind picked up and Cheryl had very little desire to run long.   And there was the Time Change,  so we would miss the Breakfast Pizza in Muscatine, so there was very little incentive to travel there.  We decided to run in Iowa City.

Very Windy shirt...
At least the temps held.   I was able to wear most of my riding gear without the heavy winter padding.   The wind was fairly gusty, but plenty of people showed up to  enjoy the day.  Overall,  It was an acceptable 7 miles run.... No frills,  Just results!

Only one remaining Eagle. 
They were higher in the sky.
The Eagles are becoming more sparse as the temps warm up.  we have not seen any vultures yet,  but there were three Trumpeter Swans ( I think, judging by their call and size and color...) flying  over the lake today.  I did manage to see one lone Eagle fishing by the river.   Moments after this picture,  he flew down and grabbed a fish.   I always hope for the opportunity to capture that event, but I doubt I ever will with the trees and crappy camera to account for.
Horse and rider.  One rectangular
piece of paper.


Back home,  Cheryl continues to bead and I folded a few items.   Someone at Pearson mentioned a horse and rider in Origami.   I just happened to have the David Brill version of such a thing.   I attempted it twice. 


Too bad it was black and white
swirl...
With Hand-Made paper.
Once with larger, thicker paper...( Disaster! Not Shown...) and one with thinner, hand-made paper.   The hand-made paper worked out better.   Too bad I had originally created that paper for a zebra model....   But I think it will do for the time.

Eagle gets the fish!   Doesn't he look happy? 
Not much else to say.  Looks like our project may end around Wednesday, unless things prop up that are unforeseen.  I would not mind the break from PTE.  ( Essay!  Agg!) Perhaps if we have  Friday off,  we may head to Muscatine then.   There is a possibility for rain, but Cheryl tells me the temps will remain in the 50's.   Right now, I can head outside in shorts and not freeze my butt off.... So that is a good sign Spring is on its way.   We can't wait!   ( Mushrooms!!!!)

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your horse and rider are awesome! :) We still have snow banks here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails