Sunday, March 29, 2020

Boring, Windy, Sunday in Iowa.

Now that the rain is over,  the wind begins.   It has been howling and gusting ever since yesterday afternoon.   You would think that the wind might dry off the damp parts left by the rain, so that is a good thing... However,  the wind brings the cold with it.  It has dropped to just a touch below chilly.  And the sun has left us...  In all,  A wonderfully depressing day to stay inside.
Avoiding Scary wind. 

And for those reasons, we chose to skip our little routine run/bike.   Sure, there is an Epidemic out there, randomly killing people and making many more sick...  But the real reason is the cold wind.   Running in the wind is just not fun.   Perhaps even dangerous!  ( I don't know... Use your Imagination...)
Avoiding Scary people....

 Besides,  we were long overdue for an "off" day.  Less exposure to the wind, the virus, and most importantly... People!  Because people are scary...  (I don't know...   Use your Imagination!)

But what to do when you are home bound...    I guess you could pick one of the many hobbies you have invested in and try to work or finish it.   And so... Today,   I worked on the next 9 scenes for the dancing Origami ...dancers.. thing.

I'll be the first to say that it is sloppy.   Blurry,  shaky and out of focus most of the time.   The lighting is poor.   In all, it is pure JUNK!  And I wonder why I continue bothering.  But possibly because I have nothing better to do.  ( Aside from more folding....) And I have already invested so much time and energy in the folding of the dancers and the purchasing of the cheap, starter camera that I am Currently using.   Also.. Although I hate to admit it,  this is how you get better.  You start off crawling and hope that some day you will be able o stand on your own.  ( Figuratively speaking....  )
You can learn a lot from the "Bad Animators" 

I am also encouraged ever so slightly by the results.   I see the abundant flaws but also see a spark of inspiration.   I have been watching videos on the little tricks the pro's use ( and not so pro... for that matter)  and it appears there is much to learn.  At least the learning curve is not so steep that I become disheartened before even beginning.
Two colors, plastic in between 


Add heat..  Or 'Iron" 

Other than that,  I have discovered a new way to make paper!



Check to see how it's doing. 
 Two sides color change paper.  I'm always eager to learn a new possible way to make folding paper.   This method sandwiches cling wrap in between two different colors.   You then Iron the paper and melt the plastic.   I wanted to see how things worked out, and so far,  I'm about 50% successful! 
Repeat until fully together.

Seems that the thickness of the paper matters.   Also, the complexity of the model you are folding might also come into play.   But I do see it has possibilities for simple two colored models.   And it is so much faster than trying to use glue or methyl-cellulose.

Red and Black for a Simple Bird. 

So far, Simple Models work best.
Other than that,   Cheryl bakes, Hiro Sleeps, and I'm writing this blog.   Perhaps we will go out for a walk later just to get some of that brisk fresh air.   Hope everyone is staying safe and watching old movies.   With our Internet rationing, it appears we will run out soon if we do not stop watching the news all the time.   Watching a movies seems like a really great idea at the moment.

Thanks for stopping. in.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I enjoyed your animation very much! Keep on keeping on! The whole group is very impressive:) Stay safe! We had a nice snow melting day today:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails