Monday, June 10, 2013

What to do in Iowa?

It has been a while since my last post, so I decided to take a stab at soething other than origami.   Well,   a little anyway.  What do you do in Iowa when you have lots of time and no job.   Oh!  And money is “limited” let’s say.  Well,  there really is not much to do here, other than look at the corn grow.   When we first came here,  I remember walks down these country roads and drives to “near by” small towns.  That took about a day!   Since then,  Cheryl and I have been wracking our brains trying to come up with new and exiting things to do here..   With little success.

It is true, we took a trip to St Louis.  But that was not as fulfilling as we had hoped.  Oh!  IT was fun!   We enjoyed the butterflies and high-rise hotel.  But that seemed brief at best.  

So here we are.  The Summer is drifting by like a steady river and we are lazily watching from the bank.  I never thought I would be looking forward to our next project at ACT as much as I am.   Cheryl even more so.   I keep bugging her to get the stocking production line up and running again,  but that relies on some serious motivation.  Being “self employed “ is one of those things that Cheryl might be running out of excitement for.  I can’t really blame her.  We have had that rollercoaster ride for 10 years! 

So now, it is late.  The cat is sleeping on my arm and I have very little thoughts about the meaning of life or living in Iowa.   I just wanted to post something.   Oh!  And I have been working on some origami.   Take a look!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails