Monday, March 19, 2018

An Evening Ride And An Eagle ATTACK!

Right out of Wild America Video!
Bald Eagle on the Iowa River
No! The Eagle did not attack us.   Rather,  I captured something I have never seen before  outside of a wilderness program on TV:    An Eagle catching a fish!
I don't work for National Geographic...  so my camera equipment is limited.  (Still better than the 1990's though!  Amazing what crap we had back then!)  Still, I was able to capture an almost focused series of pictures of the eagle as he pulled a fish out of the river.  I was very excited!

SPLOOSH!   He got one! 

Taking home the prize.
He swooped right over the top of me and headed down for the water's surface.  I missed the close and awesome shot, but still pulled out the camera in case he circled back. 

  He didn't.   


Off he goes!
Bald Eagle enjoying Lunch!
Instead,  he swooped down and grabbed a small fish.   He flew up in front of us and started eating his "lunch."   Pretty cool seeing an Eagle in action.  Most of the time you are lucky just to see them on a deer kill.   



Nothing tastes better than fresh Sashimi!
Sunset Bike Ride!
Cheryl and I went out for a rather lengthy bike ride the other night.   Cheryl seems to be enjoying the evening bike rides.  I don't mind as long as we do not go over 20 miles total for the day.  Call me wimpy.   Normally we ride 13 miles in the morning and then about 8 miles in the evening.   But yesterday, we chose to ride about 15 miles up and down the hills and gravel roads  around here.  Those hills really smoke your legs!

Cheryl's new favorite pastime.
Setting sun brightens the horizon.
We were, however, able to capture some nice pictures of the setting sun.   Most of the snow is gone now.   A few piles are all that remain.  I'll be happy if the snow is gone for the remainder of the spring.

Let's get that Cardinal Creeper planted!
  I have tomato and Cardinal Creeper vines growing in the shop currently and I'm ready to get them outside and in the ground.   Let the summer of Heirloom Tomatoes  and Hummingbird Heaven Begin!  

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You did pretty good catching that Eagle fishing. Cardinal Creeper Vine is so pretty I have not planted any for years. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails