Saturday, March 17, 2018

March Snowfall In Iowa

Early morning rain and snow.
Cheryl insists on riding anyway. 
 Yesterday was cold and wind... Last night:  Rain and Snow!    We got about 3 inches of heavy damp snow dumped on us this morning.   I thought that the roads would be slippery; but luckily they were mostly clear.   The forecast had freezing rain on the agenda as well.   I am never a fan of that.

Brushing off the Snow.  
Hope the roads do not look like this...
But the temp rose slightly above freezing.   And as we got closer to Iowa City,  the snow almost disappeared completely.   Yeah for southern breezes.
Riding without Ice or Slush. 

Iowa City...No SNOW!
Personally, I think the snow belt missed Iowa City and only hit us here in Wellman (South of the Iowa City Latitude!) We still had snow when we arrived home.  But as I look out our window right now,  the snow has mostly disappeared.   Hopefully,  it will be gone by tomorrow.
After a little sanding and polishing...

Clearing up the Cloudy.
A couple of days ago...  Before this sudden drop in temps,   I went out and played with the frosted headlights on the Subaru.   I guess toying around with little things on the car keep me busy and out of trouble.   Anyway,  I learned that the headlight polish I had been using previously was only a temporary solution (They are ALL temporary!  But some methods last longer than others.)
Next light!
  
Apply some Clear Coat!

So I tried this method of polishing and sanding the headlights down and then applying clear coat paint over the top.   I was only able to get five coats on the lights before I ran out of sunlight,  But I think they look much improved.   Cheryl says they look like night and day.   I'm hoping that is the case when we actually have to drive in the darkness again.

See the improvement?   Five coats should help against chips.
Cheryl loves her Donuts and Biking!
Other than that,  and the crushing weight of life on the planet.... we are doing "OK" this fine, cold day.  Cheryl likes to bike twice a day now.   I figured this might happen if she actually tried to ride a bike again.   Maybe it will become a habit similar to the Running.... only without various races to train for.   Regardless,   It is always fun to ride around the town on the bikes.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good tip on the headlights! Our older vehicle has that headlight problem. Looks like you got part of that storm that missed us:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails