Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Dings, Dents, Donuts, and Eagles!

Another Cold bike ride.

Riding along the Dam
Another cool day riding bikes.   It finally warmed up to a decent 50+ degrees,  but this morning's temps were still cold and frosty.   Thankfully, the sun made things just a bit more bearable.
Eagles!
Eagles everywhere!
While riding along the dam,  we counted 9 eagles hanging out along the water.   Cheryl guesses that they will be leaving us soon,  but I think they do not head north until the Turkey Vultures return.   So far we have had bluebirds, red-winged blackbirds, Geese, Goldeneyes,  Robins, Killdeers and I might have seen an Indigo Bunting.  ( Big Maybe...)  But no Vultures yet.  Still seeing this many Eagles in one place is always a delight.
Lots and LOTS of eagles.

Too bad they are difficult to see. 
They tend to have a comfort zone that is just out of my camera range.   I have highlighted a few to identify them from the branches.  There may have been more there than what we first saw.   Several had been flying back and forth and I could not capture them all in a single shot.

And fly away when we get too close.
At least one stood still long enough. 
Some of the Eagles will stay all summer long here in Iowa.  But most head north I'm guessing.   The other day we saw about 12 of them around another deer kill in the middle of a corn field.  I still get giddy whenever I see that many.   I remember being so excited seeing them in Alaska.   Who knew that Iowa would have so many.
Time for Donuts!

Cheryl was thinking ahead today, and brought money for some mid-ride donuts!  Nothing sounds better than a donut during a bike ride. 

Annoying Dent in Subie

After arriving home in the afternoon,  I changed the Oil in Subie and decided to take out that annoying dent that had bothered me for the last 4 years.   I did not think I would be able to push it out without removing the tire and the inner wheel hub.  But a few days ago, I discovered a hidden panel inside the engine bay that was directly behind the dent.  I popped off the panel,  reached back with my hand and pushed the dent out.  POP!   Fixed!
Pop!  All better!

I tried to push out as much as I could with the help of a screwdriver and a rubber hammer,  but this was as far as I dared go.  Still,  I'm pretty happy with the results....  If only I had done this 4 years earlier!
Before and after.   I'm no Pro..But I am pretty happy with this. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer temps.   Assuming that you are in a warming trend the same as we are here in Iowa.  If not,  well it is bound to warm up eventually.   It is Spring time after all.   Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails