Saturday, March 10, 2018

Lovely Day. Bikes, Cats, Toys, Beer.

Cheryl Tries to FLY! 
She Screams as she Rides!

A pleasant Saturday so far.  We headed out for a nice bike ride in the sun and cooler weather.  It is still a little cold for Cheryl,  who freezes if we travel too far or for too long.


Slightly windy and cold.

Imagine having this sneaking up behind you!










  Even I get cold over time;  Toes, Nose, and Fingers get pretty numb anytime we ride over an hour in 35-40 degree weather.  Still,  I think Cheryl is getting used to the bike a bit more.   She still has a challenge on the hills and sharp curves.   I keep telling her to switch to lower gears, but she never listens to me.   Ah well,   At least we were able to get out and use her bike once more.

Cheryl loves cute things. 
The Little Kid section.
After biking,  Cheryl enjoys going to the mall and visiting the "teenage girl store".   (I think it is called Claires... or something like that.) There she finds all of her tiny gizmos to adorn her backpack, jacket, and necklace.  If there are no tools present,  I tend to drift off into my own thoughts.



I wonder what he is looking at?
Squirrels on the Bench!

Back  home,  Hiro the cat has been watching the squirrels as they tear my feeders apart.   I fill one of the feeders totally with peanuts so they will leave the bird feeder alone. It only works if the peanuts are topped off.
The Squirrel Plots.   The Hiro Watches
 And sometimes the Nut-hatchers will steal a nut from the squirrels;  but most of the time the squirrels monopolize both feeders.   For that reason,  I'm happy when the cat scares them off.  (Which is hardly ever, those squirrels are persistent!)
Latest Toppling Goliath Beer.

And finally BEER!   Cheryl wanted to try a new Toppling Goliath.   This one bragged to be "Hoppy"  but I felt it was a little too close to the "Pine Sol" cleaning agent.  Whenever a beer scowers the back of your throat with the bitter taste of Hops,  I think they have officially found my Hop limit! 

New Glasses create Foam!
I can now adjust foam levels as desired.

The new beer glasses Cheryl bought are slightly larger than the usual glasses we have.   I like them because you can play with the foam level as you pour the beer.  Sometimes I enjoy the foam and can not create it with the smaller glasses.   I guess everyone has their preferences.

Ah!  The Great Sunny  Outdoors! 
Hope everyone is enjoying this Saturday.  The Sun has slipped behind the clouds (Or the clouds have completely engulfed the sky now.) and the temps remain on the cool side.   Cheryl said we may go out for a ride around the neighborhood later.   Possibly just to get outside as much as possible.   I won't complain.   I like the outside just as much as the next guy.... as long as there is something to do.   Thanks for stopping in.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails