Thursday, December 13, 2018

Allenbrite Studio's New Cat. ( Temporary.)

Hiro inspects the new-comer.


The nursing home down the street asks for "Secret Santa" for the inmates.. I mean, residents of the Home.   And for the last few years,  Cheryl and I select a couple of names to shower with gifts.   Provided they do not want anything too crazy or weird. 

This year,   one of the ladies asked for "cat things."   And Cheryl decided they needed a cat blanket and a stuffed Kitty for Christmas.   She trolled around on Amazon to find the perfect gift. 



She got one.   A Stuffed cat so life-like...  Hiro was convinced it was a new member of OUR family. 


After a few preliminary sniffs....  Hiro settled into acceptance mode.   It was not long before they became friends. 
Looks like he is accepted. 



This gets me thinking.     Perhaps Hiro is a little lonely after Rasha died.    He has been the only cat in the apartment since then.   And now that his outdoor adventures has been curtailed,   he  may be feeling the "Lonely Indoor House Cat" syndrome that all the vets warn about.
30 Stockings! 

Well,  his new friend is going to another person,  and Cheryl is considering getting us one so Hiro will have a new "toy".   But maybe he wants a Friend... not a toy.   We will have to keep an eye out and try to figure out the desires of a  cat...  something I think I am pretty good at.

Rough day today, but we survived. 

 Also..   We just finished 30 stockings!   This late in teh game, 30 stockings is a LOT!   And we are feeling the pinch.   As I write this,  I'm trying to unwind with a secon Christmas Beer.   It is the only way to relax these days.     We can always use the money,  but the work is relentless and demoralizing.  I'm looking forward to the end of the Holiday rush when I can kick back and relax without an adult beverage to help me along the way. 

Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails