Sunday, December 23, 2018

When You Have Had Too Much Christmas.

Don't need more Stuff!
As I get older, I realize that the Holidays no longer mean toys and Gizmos and gadgets.  I pretty much have everything I need and whenever I need something I don't have...Cheryl buys it for me! I no longer have to wait for my birthday or Christmas to get those items.  ( Especially if it is a part for the Subaru!)


But I always enjoy the treats!
No,  For me,  the Holidays are all about the treats!  All those holiday goodies filled with sugar and chocolate and butter and  cream.  I'm getting fatter just thinking about them!   And it does not help that pretty much every store we enter has a display with all the colors of Christmas... FILLED with eye dazzling treats. 
Cheryl is not very helpful here..

And then there is Cheryl....  Baking every recipe HyVee has in their colorful catalog of holiday specials.  After working so hard to make the pastry look just like the one  in her magazine...  Well,  who am I to turn my nose up at that?
Pretty much my life the last two weeks...

And so it goes that I have done more than my share of pigging out... Until yesterday.

I had them ALL  (Except the Vomiting this time..) 
I'm not sure what happened, but I got a serious tummy ache...  The kind that makes your joints and eyes hurt.   It is possible that all the treat eating caught up with me.  But it felt less like I ate too much sugar and more like I ate Strawberries from Mexico!
Was it something in the Food?








      I'm feeling better now.   I have not eaten anything since last night and currently, I'm enjoying a small bowl of soup.  I should use this as an Opportunity!  All those special holiday foods no longer appeal to me.   Maybe I can start my New Years Resolution BEFORE January 1.  We shall see.

Other than that,  I have been chipping away at the "things to do after stockings" list.  Today is a beautiful sunny day and it is supposed to hit the 40's...  BUt I am still not feeling up to par with that little bout of food poisoning.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a repeat.
Cheryl trys to get more festive.

Speaking of weather.   It has been rather chilly here.  ( 40's are kinda chilly... with that Iowa wind) And the last opportunity for car fixing will probably be tomorrow.  Then... Rain,  Snow,   Floods,  Locusts!  I will have to pospone the job I have to do until better weather. Fingers crossed the weather holds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails