Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Biking On Ice. Dealing With Back Pain.

Or maybe slipping on Ice? 


Ice on the Driveway.   
I don't know exactly when it happened today, but I must have pulled something in my lower back.   And that is pretty much all I can think about at the moment.   I have my theories... but most likely it happened early on when we were loading the car to go out.



Ice on the Subie!  
All over the windows! Even on my
Bike. 
See....  there was freezing rain/mist for most of the morning this morning.   Subie was covered.   The Driveway was covered!    I slipped.... ever so slightly,  on the way out to load my bike.  I hardly felt anything.   It could have happend then.

We go out for a run anyway... 
Cheryl's new ice creeper shoes worked very well!   She was able to tackle the slickest of parts on the sidewalk and never slowed to stumbled.    I, however,   do not have ice creeper tires on my bike.   Knowing this, I gripped and tensed up the entire ride this morning...  it could have happened then as well.   In fact, I was actually feeling the pain a little at the turn around point.
Ice on the trail restrooms! 

By the time we climbed back into the car, I was feeling it fully!   It hurt to climb in and out of the Subster.  Normally,  I enjoy climbing into the car...  ( Who wouldn't want to climb in and out of a Subaru?)  But the pain made that very difficult.
Cheryl conquers the ice with
New Shoes!


Maybe I should give this a try...
Cheryl suggested a Tylenol...  which I think helped a bit.   But it has most likely worn off now and I appear to be getting worse!    Cheryl says I look like I'm 70!   Time to kick back and ice it a little....  Mostly stay off my feet.

Other than that,  it  continues to drizzle/mist and freeze.  The weather channel says it is supposed to last  until tomorrow.   And the Salt Trucks are out keeping most of the roads nice and dry.  They even salted the trail/sidewalk for us.   Too bad they did not want to plow the entire thing.  Well,  be grateful for what you have.  I would be very happy if this back pain went away by tomorrow. ( or sooner!)  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails